'We scored two goals so we came back better but the first half was not good enough'.
Chelsea found themselves down 3-0 after 27 minutes against the German champions. And in the second half, we did very well.More news: Trump donates quarterly salary to Education Department
The 24-year-old centre-forward will be tasked with leading the Chelsea attack ahead of a return to the Champions League next season.
"He has to learn our way of playing but I think he came in very well".
"But the games against Arsenal and Chelsea were really good, we didn't play well against AC Milan but in the end the condition of the players has improved".
But Chelsea's early lethargy, going down 0-2 in the first 12 minutes, will neither cause Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti to jump for joy, nor Chelsea manager Antonio Conte to rush back to the drawing board.More news: Watch the New IT Movie Trailer Before IT Watches You
"Our start wasn't good but I think the players showed great willingness to try and change the result".
"Morata is a great player that can hit the ball properly with both feet and I know he will do great at Chelsea because he was very good at Real Madrid".
However, the goal that got the Blues back into the contest owed nothing to that and everything to a lovely move involving Willian, whose clever dummy released Victor Moses down the right wing. For us, he's a good buy.
Inter Milan are the other team involved in the tournament and they will play Bayern on Thursday before rounding out the competition against Chelsea on Saturday.More news: Putin says Russian Federation will respond to 'insolence' of United States sanctions
- Army clears terrorist strongholds in Rajgal valley: ISPR
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS) Downgraded by BidaskClub
- Corralling Gains for Investors As Shares Pop: Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- Britain makes it easier for transgender people to legally change their gender
- Kesha shares the music video for 'Learn To Let Go'
- Pakistan, Maldives agree to reconvene SAARC meeting in Islamabad
- Kasey Kahne wins the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis
- Bipartisan Group Of Senators Rebuke Sessions' Attempt To Ignore Marijuana Laws
- Ceasefire Agreed at Lebanese-Syrian Border
- Robot reveals first images of melted nuclear fuel in Fukushima reactor