The vehicle, as claimed by Autocar, will not be a hybrid like the P1, but it will produce even more power from the familiar 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 that features across nearly all McLaren cars including the new 570S Spider, the exception being the 720S, which uses an upgraded 4.0-litre development of the same unit. And it's about to get even more confusing, as McLaren reportedly has been secretly developing a no-holds-barred "track weapon" that will debut later this year. Power will supposedly come from a modified version of the familiar biturbo 3.8-litre V8 engine rather than the new biturbo 4.0-litre inside the 720S. Autocar's mole says the auto is completely stripped out, with luggage space limited to what's necessary to accommodate helmets and racing overalls, and with the design described as "brutal". Bear in mind the P1 still had a higher output as it used a hybrid powertrain for a combined 903 hp.
The target is to make a auto that is quicker around a track than the P1.More news: Manchester United better prepared for league title charge: Mourinho
MCLAREN is set to launch its most extreme road vehicle later this year, according to sources. Active aero and extensive use of carbon fibre will play its part in making the P15 faster around a circuit.
There's no word on what body shape the P15 will take, but the website says it is set to boast "a massive front spoiler" and large rear wing.More news: Beck Mack & Oliver LLC Sells 12942 Shares of Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
The actual vehicle (the Autocar picture you see here is a speculative rendering) is expected to break cover at an event for existing McLaren customers and potential buyers later this year, ahead of its official public debut at the Geneva motor show in March 2018.More news: 7 things we know about Marvel's Thor: Ragnarok [SPOILERS]
Yet it looks like the production version of the P15 actually will arrive first.
- Iran in Space: Tehran 'Successfully Launches' Rocket Carrying Satellite
- Ben and Jerry's ice cream contains carcinogen traces
- Odisha renames Wheeler Island after Abdul Kalam
- State Department cautions U.S. tourists in Mexico about 'tainted' alcohol
- Bodycam video shows Florida officer wrestling alligator on front porch
- Israel Dismantles Controversial Metal Detectors At Jerusalem Holy Site
- Idea Cellular posts standalone net loss of Rs 617 crore in Q1
- England bat against South Africa in third Test
- Pro Kabaddi League 2017: Top raiders of PKL season 5
- Diageo net sales hit £12bn in full-year results