Ryan Seacrest will return to host the upcoming reboot of American Idol, confirming a move that had been discussed ever since word got out the show would come back. Seacrest has become a media fixture, most recently signing on as co-host and an executive producer of Disney|ABC's nationally syndicated "Live with Kelly and Ryan", which he will continue to co-host from NY. He also hosts and executive produces ABC's annual "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest", and is a busy producer of series in which he doesn't appear, including "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and its many spin-offs.More news: Samsung May Not Be Working On Bixby Speaker
"We've been talking about it for a little while but I am happy to confirm ... with absolute confirmation that Ryan Seacrest is returning (as) the host of 'American Idol, '" Ripa said. "All of a sudden the show's going we thought well and then all of a sudden we broke up, and I thought gosh, it would be great to get back together at some point". Fox eliminated it. Even so, in today's television world, an audience of 11 million would rank it among TV's top 20 shows, a fact that clearly didn't escape ABC's notice. "American Idol" is readying for its first season on the network. "I'm so grateful for the show and all the career and life opportunities it's allowed me to experience".More news: Blac Chyna: 'I'll never go back to Rob Kardashian'
Perry also tweeted to applaud the news of Seacrest coming back, and encouraged her fans to audition for the show. The program airs from Los Angeles and "Live" airs weekday mornings from NY. Then, realizing her error, she said, "Let me try that one more time". To be asked to return this year, at my new home at Disney/ABC, is an honor, if not a bit surreal.More news: Who is just as unpopular as Donald Trump? Hillary Clinton
Since first stepping onto the iconic "Idol" stage, Seacrest has become a fixture in pop culture and media, most recently signing on as co-host and an executive producer of Disney|ABC's top-rated, nationally syndicated "Live with Kelly and Ryan", which he will continue to host from NY. "Do you know the preparation I have to do for "Live" every night?"
- Trump wins popularity poll over Hillary Clinton
- Self-described drug dealer turns himself in -- by accident
- Tom Westley to debut against South Africa in third test
- Over 130 People Report Getting Sick After Eating at Virginia Chipotle
- BBC male presenters could face salary cuts after gender pay gap revealed
- Aston Villa announce signing of Stoke City midfielder Glenn Whelan
- All-New Ford Bronco Could Be a Four-Door Hybrid Report Claims
- Chelsea agree deal to sign Real Madrid striker Morata
- Kevin Pietersen eyes worldwide return, could play for Proteas in 2019
- Chicago Bears Sign Mitchell Trubisky to Rookie Contract