According to The Independent, Weldens was performing on stage at a church in the small south-west French village of Goudron when she suffered cardiac arrest.
Police have opened an investigation to "search for the causes of the death" and it is believed they will be analysing the images from various videos taken on the night to assist with their inquiry.
The cause of her death is unclear but, according to one report, she was probably electrocuted. They also told the publication that they plan to determine if and why an electrical malfunction had occurred. Her set was part of the Léo Ferré festival, which has been cancelled in the wake of tragedy.More news: Faecal bacteria found in ice at McDonald's, KFC and Burger King
Emergency services rushed to the scene but were unable to save her.
Her debut album, Le Grand H de L'Homme, was released previous year and met with critical praise and several awards for her songwriting and music.
A bio on Weldens' website suggests she grew up around circuses.More news: Telltale Games answers fans prayers with three massive game announcements
No further information about the sudden death of French singer, Barbara Weldens, is available at this time.
"Our team is deeply disturbed by the brutal disappearance of the artist who had appeared on the stage of the Theater des Nouveaux on May 20th, during our last edition".
Weldens won several awards during her lifetime, including first prize in the Jacques Brel Young Talent competition in 2016.More news: Stormont turmoil meant NI leaders had no voice in Lords Brexit report
- Vince Cable named as leader of Britain's third political party
- NH Governor Sununu signs marijuana decriminalization bill into law
- Medical College bribe: BJP leadership set for stringent action
- Meeting the Queen, Canada Governor Enrages British Tabloids by Touching her Arm
- Conor McGregor Releases Amazing Hype Video For Mayweather Fight
- Mickey Mouse helps foster parents surprise 2 kids with adoption date
- UK Government Delays Decision On Fox-Sky Deal
- YouTube TV Flips on Ten More Markets
- Man United preparing final £60m offer for Dier
- Azerbaijan sends Israeli blogger to 3 years in prison