As the truck overturned, part of its load - a large cylinder - fell from the overpass and struck the van below.
Jesus Armando Escobar, a man of 36 years old, was about to take an exit from the interstate 4, in Florida, when a large metal pipe crashed on the roof of his vehicle. Amazingly, Escobar was able to walk away from the crash with only minor injuries.
The metal fell directly on top of the van, crushing the roof.More news: Anytime: Amazon's new messaging app to make it's debut soon
A semi truck was hauling scrap metal Saturday morning when the driver lost control on an exit ramp, dropping some of his haul onto a auto below.
Dramatic photos from the scene show the overturned truck and the force of the scrap metal's impact.
Escobar's wife, Aricelli, told ABC News her husband feels blessed to be alive.More news: Cilic ready to step up against record-chasing Federer
The driver of the van, 36-year-old Jesus Armando Escobar, a father of three, went to a hospital with minor injuries.
Wharton was ticketed for careless driving, the paper reported.
The truck is seen laying on its side on the Florida highway.More news: Spanish police reveal details of Europe-wide horsemeat scandal
- Game of Thrones season 7: Sophie Turner warns Sansa will be 'unlikeable'
- Presidential Election 2017: Himachal Pradesh Records 100 Per Cent Polling
- OJ Simpson Parole Hearing: Nevada Officials to Decide Fate in Coming Days
- Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank raid
- Xiaomi Mi 5X Specs and Price Leaked
- As protests hit Indu Sarkar, firector has a question for Rahul
- Is Priyanka Chopra Saying That She Is In A Relationship?
- Alleged Samsung Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 840 spotted on Geekbench
- Telegram blocks 'terrorist-related' channels after Indonesia ban