As the truck overturned, part of its load - a large cylinder - fell from the overpass and struck the van below.
Jesus Armando Escobar, a man of 36 years old, was about to take an exit from the interstate 4, in Florida, when a large metal pipe crashed on the roof of his vehicle. Amazingly, Escobar was able to walk away from the crash with only minor injuries.
The metal fell directly on top of the van, crushing the roof.More news: Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
A semi truck was hauling scrap metal Saturday morning when the driver lost control on an exit ramp, dropping some of his haul onto a auto below.
Dramatic photos from the scene show the overturned truck and the force of the scrap metal's impact.
Escobar's wife, Aricelli, told ABC News her husband feels blessed to be alive.More news: Baby Justin Trudeau Met His Namesake And It Was Beyond Adorable
The driver of the van, 36-year-old Jesus Armando Escobar, a father of three, went to a hospital with minor injuries.
Wharton was ticketed for careless driving, the paper reported.
The truck is seen laying on its side on the Florida highway.More news: Four Men Detained By Police After Woman Found Dead In Melbourne
- Xiaomi Mi 5X Specs and Price Leaked
- Is Priyanka Chopra Saying That She Is In A Relationship?
- Korean Golfer Park Sung-hyun Wins US Women's Open
- Telegram blocks 'terrorist-related' channels after Indonesia ban
- Anytime: Amazon's new messaging app to make it's debut soon
- Heavy rain triggers flood in Kalahandi
- Cabrera Bello: I played round of my life to win Scottish Open
- Cilic ready to step up against record-chasing Federer
- OJ Simpson Parole Hearing: Nevada Officials to Decide Fate in Coming Days
- Warmer temperatures this weekend