The public's fascination with Simpson hasn't ebbed since his era-defining arrest (and acquittal) for the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. He was convicted of kidnapping, armed robbery and 10 other crimes.
Galanter said that at a 2013 hearing, Simpson received parole for some of his charges, including the armed robbery conviction.
Four members from the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners will consider parole for Simpson at the board offices in Carson City, Nev., with the proceedings set to begin Thursday at 1 p.m. ET.
One defense attorney believes he is likely to receive a parole.More news: Redskins, Cousins Headed Toward Expensive Contract Deadline
The Nevada parole board will meet next week to decide whether or not O.J. Simpson should be released when eligible on October 1.
"From what I've been told, the primary focus of his life is to get parole right now", David Ng told USA Today.
But the board will not take that into consideration since a jury acquitted Simpson of those charges in 1995 in what has been called "The Trial of the Century".
The five-part ESPN documentary, unlike the FX series, did explore the Las Vegas heist in detail, and how Simpson, a one-time football great who parlayed his success into roles in television, advertising, and movies, robbed two sports memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room.More news: Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
Judge Jackie Glass sentenced Simpson in 2008 to 33 years in prison, allowing for the possibility of parole after nine years. "The hype is about the murder charge and the legal system found him not guilty".
The parole board normally issues decisions weeks after hearings, but plans to announce its decision in this case on Thursday.
Simpson will join the members from his prison via video conference. "A decision (on Simpson) is being made at the time of the hearing so that the board's operation can return to normal as soon as possible after the hearing".More news: Jimmy Anderson frustrated by England's batting against South Africa
Simpson will have the opportunity to speak directly to the parole board on July 20, and try to convince them that he should be released.
- Sasikala VIP treatment: DIG transferred to traffic department, JDS lambasts govt.
- MCA and Krishnarjuna Yudham: Nani announces his next two projects
- Olympic gold medalist fails drug test due to kissing girlfriend
- Analysts See $0.65 EPS for QTS Realty Trust Inc (QTS)
- Man rescued after being trapped for 3 hours inside ATM
- Alleged Samsung Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 840 spotted on Geekbench
- Amtrak: Work is ahead of schedule at Penn Station
- Australian MP's swipe at Donald Trump's sexist Brigitte Macron 'compliment'
- Is Priyanka Chopra Saying That She Is In A Relationship?
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank raid