The public's fascination with Simpson hasn't ebbed since his era-defining arrest (and acquittal) for the 1994 murders of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. He was convicted of kidnapping, armed robbery and 10 other crimes.
Galanter said that at a 2013 hearing, Simpson received parole for some of his charges, including the armed robbery conviction.
Four members from the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners will consider parole for Simpson at the board offices in Carson City, Nev., with the proceedings set to begin Thursday at 1 p.m. ET.
One defense attorney believes he is likely to receive a parole.More news: White Sox deal starter Quintana to Cubs
The Nevada parole board will meet next week to decide whether or not O.J. Simpson should be released when eligible on October 1.
"From what I've been told, the primary focus of his life is to get parole right now", David Ng told USA Today.
But the board will not take that into consideration since a jury acquitted Simpson of those charges in 1995 in what has been called "The Trial of the Century".
The five-part ESPN documentary, unlike the FX series, did explore the Las Vegas heist in detail, and how Simpson, a one-time football great who parlayed his success into roles in television, advertising, and movies, robbed two sports memorabilia dealers at gunpoint in a Las Vegas hotel room.More news: Skydiver texts wife to say he won't pull cord when jumping
Judge Jackie Glass sentenced Simpson in 2008 to 33 years in prison, allowing for the possibility of parole after nine years. "The hype is about the murder charge and the legal system found him not guilty".
The parole board normally issues decisions weeks after hearings, but plans to announce its decision in this case on Thursday.
Simpson will join the members from his prison via video conference. "A decision (on Simpson) is being made at the time of the hearing so that the board's operation can return to normal as soon as possible after the hearing".More news: Mark Ruffalo Claims Another Standalone Movie for The Hulk Will "Never Happen"
Simpson will have the opportunity to speak directly to the parole board on July 20, and try to convince them that he should be released.
- Almost 3500 Colorado voters cancel registration over Trump voter fraud probe
- Alfred Angelo Closed Its Stores and Brides Are Rightly Bugging Out
- Cancelled $30K wedding becomes dinner for homeless
- Blair: Still a chance to stop Brexit
- MCA and Krishnarjuna Yudham: Nani announces his next two projects
- Alleged Samsung Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 840 spotted on Geekbench
- Australian MP's swipe at Donald Trump's sexist Brigitte Macron 'compliment'
- 2 killed, 4 injured in stabbing incident in Egypt
- Nokia 8 Leaked in India | Know Price, Specifications & Launch Date
- Redskins, Cousins Headed Toward Expensive Contract Deadline