In his very first MCU movie, he was played by Edward Norton then when The Avengers rolled around he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. "As far as a "Hulk" movie, a standalone "Hulk" movie, Marvel doesn't really have the rights to that yet".
"Universal has the rights to a standalone Hulk movie, and for some reason, they don't know how to play well with Marvel", explained Ruffalo. Could Thor: Ragnarok be a film setting up a Planet Hulk movie, the Internet buzzed?More news: The Incredibles 2 will pick up right where the first film ends
"I just want to make one thing perfectly clear today that a standalone Hulk movie will never happen". It seems to be a pretty sore subject for him.
Ever since he took over the role in 2010, ahead of The Avengers, Ruffalo has been very vocal about his desire to make a solo Hulk film, of course, he's also been very honest regarding the rights issues and how they've made it hard for Marvel Studios to release a sequel to 2008's The Incredible Hulk. Fortunately, we'll be seeing Ruffalo in the role not only in Thor: Ragnarok, but next year's Avengers: Infinity War and 2019's untitled Avengers sequel, as well.
Visibly distraught in knowing he won't star in a Hulk standalone, Ruffalo continued, "We've talked about it, but I just don't see it in the cards... it's okay, I'm fine".More news: Almost 3500 Colorado voters cancel registration over Trump voter fraud probe
So come on, Universal and Marvel.
"With you as the new Hulk, it would be bad", joked Don Cheadle, who plays War Machine, standing next to Ruffalo during the interview.More news: 2 killed, 4 injured in stabbing incident in Egypt
- Amtrak: Work is ahead of schedule at Penn Station
- McConnell defers action on health care until after McCain's surgery
- Jimmy Anderson frustrated by England's batting against South Africa
- Nokia 8 Leaked in India | Know Price, Specifications & Launch Date
- White Sox deal starter Quintana to Cubs
- Redskins, Cousins Headed Toward Expensive Contract Deadline
- Gold Cup: US 3, Nicaragua 0
- Former QB Babe Parilli dies at 87
- Analysts See $0.65 EPS for QTS Realty Trust Inc (QTS)
- Australian MP's swipe at Donald Trump's sexist Brigitte Macron 'compliment'