With Terry now signed as Villa's new defensive leader, Elphick has been pushed further down the Villa pecking order, with Terry, Chester and even Nathan Baker ahead of him in Bruce's plans.More news: Analysts See $0.65 EPS for QTS Realty Trust Inc (QTS)
He had reportedly turned down an offer from Birmingham City to play for Aston.
However, they lost to a side a division below, Zak Jules and Arthur Gnahoua goals - both coming after Terry was subbed off around the hour mark - earning the Shrews a 2-1 victory, Henri Lansbury netting a late penalty for the visitors.More news: Dana White Responds To McGregor Racist Allegations To Mayweather
Terry joined the club earlier this month, signing a one-year deal with the Sky Bet Championship side as manager Steve Bruce sets his sights on mounting a promotion push for the 2017/18 season. The former England Under-20 global is expected to join the club on the remainder of their pre-season campaign which will see them travel to Germany.
The game was Villa's third in pre-season, following wins against non-league clubs AFC Telford United and Kidderminster Harriers.More news: Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
Terry has previously led Chelsea to multiple trophies including the Champions League and five Premier League titles.
- Almost 3500 Colorado voters cancel registration over Trump voter fraud probe
- Amtrak: Work is ahead of schedule at Penn Station
- MCA and Krishnarjuna Yudham: Nani announces his next two projects
- As protests hit Indu Sarkar, firector has a question for Rahul
- Skydiver texts wife to say he won't pull cord when jumping
- John Bernecker's girlfriend calls for sets to be safer after stuntman's death
- Is Priyanka Chopra Saying That She Is In A Relationship?
- Korean Golfer Park Sung-hyun Wins US Women's Open
- Marvel Powers United VR Game Announced During D23 Expo
- Blair: Still a chance to stop Brexit