With Terry now signed as Villa's new defensive leader, Elphick has been pushed further down the Villa pecking order, with Terry, Chester and even Nathan Baker ahead of him in Bruce's plans.More news: Redskins, Cousins Headed Toward Expensive Contract Deadline
He had reportedly turned down an offer from Birmingham City to play for Aston.
However, they lost to a side a division below, Zak Jules and Arthur Gnahoua goals - both coming after Terry was subbed off around the hour mark - earning the Shrews a 2-1 victory, Henri Lansbury netting a late penalty for the visitors.More news: Alleged Samsung Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 840 spotted on Geekbench
Terry joined the club earlier this month, signing a one-year deal with the Sky Bet Championship side as manager Steve Bruce sets his sights on mounting a promotion push for the 2017/18 season. The former England Under-20 global is expected to join the club on the remainder of their pre-season campaign which will see them travel to Germany.
The game was Villa's third in pre-season, following wins against non-league clubs AFC Telford United and Kidderminster Harriers.More news: Cancelled $30K wedding becomes dinner for homeless
Terry has previously led Chelsea to multiple trophies including the Champions League and five Premier League titles.
- Amtrak: Work is ahead of schedule at Penn Station
- As protests hit Indu Sarkar, firector has a question for Rahul
- Power second in Indycar Toronto practice
- OJ Simpson Parole Hearing: Nevada Officials to Decide Fate in Coming Days
- IIFA 2017: Alia and Shahid receive Best Actor Award for Udta Punjab
- Mark Ruffalo Claims Another Standalone Movie for The Hulk Will "Never Happen"
- Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
- Korean Golfer Park Sung-hyun Wins US Women's Open
- Is Priyanka Chopra Saying That She Is In A Relationship?
- Analysts See $0.65 EPS for QTS Realty Trust Inc (QTS)