Taking to Twitter on Sunday, Bhandarkar asked Rahul Gandhi if he approves of the hooliganism.Tagging the official account of the Office of Rahul Gandhi, Bhandarkar wrote: "Dear Office of Rahul Gandhi after Pune I have to cancel today's Press Conference at Nagpur. Can I have my freedom of expression?"
He further claimed, "Indu Sarkar is a controversy due to the fact of the interval it is primarily based in".More news: Australian MP's swipe at Donald Trump's sexist Brigitte Macron 'compliment'
Bhandarkar said the press conference was called off due to protest by the Congress party members.
Extremely unhappy with the Congress protests he said, "I am appalled by the treatment and this ruckus that the Congress workers created first at the venue and later in the hotel". "I am concentrating on that matter and they are only bullying a filmmaker by asking him to improve one thing or the other", he included.
"But, you never questioned a journalist writing articles on 40 years of Emergency, in which he mentions names, you never question an author who has dedicated books to emergency, or the tremendous amount of documentaries made about the era", Bhandarkar had told. "I appeal to the film industry and people believing in the freedom of expression to support the film", he said. My film is an psychological journey. The film reportedly has characters based on the former Prime Minister and her son Sanjay Gandhi.More news: Sevilla sign Nolito from Manchester City in £7.9m deal
However, the Nagpur protest was led by local leader Umakant Agnihotri. The legal notice alleged that the trailer of the film was misleading in its portrayal of the late Congress leader.
Patil expressed the Congress' apprehension that the motion picture may well have distorted the historical specifics which may well harm the sentiments of the Congressmen and the general public at huge and so the motion picture will have to be exhibited to the Congress initial and then be released.More news: Jimmy Anderson frustrated by England's batting against South Africa
- Cancelled $30K wedding becomes dinner for homeless
- Analysts See $0.65 EPS for QTS Realty Trust Inc (QTS)
- Alleged Samsung Galaxy S9 with Snapdragon 840 spotted on Geekbench
- Korean Golfer Park Sung-hyun Wins US Women's Open
- Redskins, Cousins Headed Toward Expensive Contract Deadline
- Skydiver texts wife to say he won't pull cord when jumping
- Mark Ruffalo Claims Another Standalone Movie for The Hulk Will "Never Happen"
- Pakistan targets ISIL in operation along Afghan border
- Almost 3500 Colorado voters cancel registration over Trump voter fraud probe
- Dana White Responds To McGregor Racist Allegations To Mayweather