Police arrested Alana Donohue Wednesday evening after saying she pulled three children, all between the ages of 2 and 8, behind her auto in a small plastic wagon.
The Springfield Police Department released a statement after the ordeal, and described how a witness saw two of the young children scared and crying while being towed.
Lt. Scott McKee tells The Register-Guard that the woman told officers she just wanted to show the kids a good time, and didn't understand the problem.More news: Over 7 millions pounds of hot dogs recalled after bone fragments found
At one point, witnesses told police that the 2-year-old began crying as the wagon went up on two wheels before Donohue stopped the vehicle and put that child in the auto with her and continued pulling the other two children behind her auto.
The plastic wagon was tied to the vehicle with a strap and held two kids - aged three and five - according to police dispatch logs.
Witnesses say they saw Donahue driving her vehicle with the wagon attached to it by a strap or rope through traffic, police say.More news: Solar Storm May Spark Northern Lights Over BC This Weekend
The Department of Human Services reportedly placed the two children in the care of another unnamed person. Several sent photos and videos to the police.
McKee also said Donahue was not intoxicated.
At least four drivers called police after seeing the woman in a white Ford Taurus pulling the wagon in the traffic circle at South 42nd Street and Jasper Road.More news: 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
Police say Donahue was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time and are charging her with three counts of reckless endangerment, according to The Oregonian.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Launches 2018, Toy Story World Revealed
- European Union (Withdrawal) Bill published
- What will happen in season seven, episode one?
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- Tollywood rattled by drug taint, actors served notices
- Funeral for NY trooper killed while responding to domestic dispute
- Jagga Jasoos Box-Office Collection : It earns Decent amount on Opening day
- Jose Mourinho's remaining Man Utd budget revealed, £110m spent so far
- Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan's appointment put on hold
- Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans