Police arrested Alana Donohue Wednesday evening after saying she pulled three children, all between the ages of 2 and 8, behind her auto in a small plastic wagon.
The Springfield Police Department released a statement after the ordeal, and described how a witness saw two of the young children scared and crying while being towed.
Lt. Scott McKee tells The Register-Guard that the woman told officers she just wanted to show the kids a good time, and didn't understand the problem.More news: JC Penney Company, Inc. (JCP)
At one point, witnesses told police that the 2-year-old began crying as the wagon went up on two wheels before Donohue stopped the vehicle and put that child in the auto with her and continued pulling the other two children behind her auto.
The plastic wagon was tied to the vehicle with a strap and held two kids - aged three and five - according to police dispatch logs.
Witnesses say they saw Donahue driving her vehicle with the wagon attached to it by a strap or rope through traffic, police say.More news: Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
The Department of Human Services reportedly placed the two children in the care of another unnamed person. Several sent photos and videos to the police.
McKee also said Donahue was not intoxicated.
At least four drivers called police after seeing the woman in a white Ford Taurus pulling the wagon in the traffic circle at South 42nd Street and Jasper Road.More news: Jose Mourinho's remaining Man Utd budget revealed, £110m spent so far
Police say Donahue was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time and are charging her with three counts of reckless endangerment, according to The Oregonian.
- Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans
- Tejaswi Prasad Yadav will not resign: Lalu Prasad
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- Jagga Jasoos Box-Office Collection : It earns Decent amount on Opening day
- First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40
- European Union (Withdrawal) Bill published
- France steps in to resolve Gulf crisis
- Stock to Watch For: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Tollywood rattled by drug taint, actors served notices
- British Grand Prix: All eyes are on Lewis Hamilton