Police arrested Alana Donohue Wednesday evening after saying she pulled three children, all between the ages of 2 and 8, behind her auto in a small plastic wagon.
The Springfield Police Department released a statement after the ordeal, and described how a witness saw two of the young children scared and crying while being towed.
Lt. Scott McKee tells The Register-Guard that the woman told officers she just wanted to show the kids a good time, and didn't understand the problem.More news: Solar Storm May Spark Northern Lights Over BC This Weekend
At one point, witnesses told police that the 2-year-old began crying as the wagon went up on two wheels before Donohue stopped the vehicle and put that child in the auto with her and continued pulling the other two children behind her auto.
The plastic wagon was tied to the vehicle with a strap and held two kids - aged three and five - according to police dispatch logs.
Witnesses say they saw Donahue driving her vehicle with the wagon attached to it by a strap or rope through traffic, police say.More news: What will happen in season seven, episode one?
The Department of Human Services reportedly placed the two children in the care of another unnamed person. Several sent photos and videos to the police.
McKee also said Donahue was not intoxicated.
At least four drivers called police after seeing the woman in a white Ford Taurus pulling the wagon in the traffic circle at South 42nd Street and Jasper Road.More news: 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
Police say Donahue was not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time and are charging her with three counts of reckless endangerment, according to The Oregonian.
- Pacific Tropical Storm: Fernanda Expected To Strengthen Moving West
- First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- President Trump Russia Update
- Wenger reveals he has exchanged messages with Alexis Sanchez over player's future
- Tejaswi Prasad Yadav will not resign: Lalu Prasad
- Over 7 millions pounds of hot dogs recalled after bone fragments found
- France steps in to resolve Gulf crisis
- Trump administration deception 'is mind-boggling — Fox's Shepard Smith