The win also means that Tonga has qualified ahead of Samoa for the Oceania 2 place in the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. But Samoa needed at least a bonus point in defeat to prevent Tonga claiming the second automatic qualifying place from Oceania. Tonga ended on six and Samoa on five.
Samoa had five points, meaning a bonus point, a draw or a win would have taken them to the World Cup.More news: Pacific Tropical Storm: Fernanda Expected To Strengthen Moving West
Tonga will be playing in its seventh straight World Cup and its eighth overall.
Fiji qualified last week after they beat Tonga 14-10 in Nuku'alofa and as the top-ranked Oceania team will join Australia, Wales, Georgia and either Canada or Uruguay in Pool D in Japan. Once again Samoa pressed and the pressure caused ill-discipline from Fiji, allowing fly-half Pisi to kick three penalties to give the hosts a slender 16-14 lead at the break.More news: Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
Seniloli scored his second when winger Vereniki Goneva made a powerful break down the right flank.
The Fijians also won both of their games past year, beating Tonga 23-18 and Samoa 26-16 in Suva before they qualified for Japan last week with their third win. However, Samoa, with the breeze at their backs, fought back and some enterprising play from a quick tap penalty saw captain David Lemi score a try in the left corner.More news: The Incredibles 2 will pick up right where the first film ends
With the game in the balance at 18-16 at halftime, Fijian halfback Henry Seniloli (three tries) and Ben Volavola (13 points) secured the win for the visitors.
- Funeral for NY trooper killed while responding to domestic dispute
- Jose Mourinho's remaining Man Utd budget revealed, £110m spent so far
- JC Penney Company, Inc. (JCP)
- Trump administration deception 'is mind-boggling — Fox's Shepard Smith
- British Grand Prix: All eyes are on Lewis Hamilton
- Solar Storm May Spark Northern Lights Over BC This Weekend
- Pixar reveal Elastigirl will be the focus of The Incredibles 2
- Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan's appointment put on hold
- President Trump Russia Update
- First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40