The win also means that Tonga has qualified ahead of Samoa for the Oceania 2 place in the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. But Samoa needed at least a bonus point in defeat to prevent Tonga claiming the second automatic qualifying place from Oceania. Tonga ended on six and Samoa on five.
Samoa had five points, meaning a bonus point, a draw or a win would have taken them to the World Cup.More news: Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
Tonga will be playing in its seventh straight World Cup and its eighth overall.
Fiji qualified last week after they beat Tonga 14-10 in Nuku'alofa and as the top-ranked Oceania team will join Australia, Wales, Georgia and either Canada or Uruguay in Pool D in Japan. Once again Samoa pressed and the pressure caused ill-discipline from Fiji, allowing fly-half Pisi to kick three penalties to give the hosts a slender 16-14 lead at the break.More news: Tollywood rattled by drug taint, actors served notices
Seniloli scored his second when winger Vereniki Goneva made a powerful break down the right flank.
The Fijians also won both of their games past year, beating Tonga 23-18 and Samoa 26-16 in Suva before they qualified for Japan last week with their third win. However, Samoa, with the breeze at their backs, fought back and some enterprising play from a quick tap penalty saw captain David Lemi score a try in the left corner.More news: Jagga Jasoos Box-Office Collection : It earns Decent amount on Opening day
With the game in the balance at 18-16 at halftime, Fijian halfback Henry Seniloli (three tries) and Ben Volavola (13 points) secured the win for the visitors.
- Over 7 millions pounds of hot dogs recalled after bone fragments found
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan's appointment put on hold
- British Grand Prix: All eyes are on Lewis Hamilton
- Jerusalem shooting: Attack near Old City leaves three dead, police says
- Mom arrested for using vehicle to tow kids
- President Trump Russia Update
- 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
- Pixar reveal Elastigirl will be the focus of The Incredibles 2
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Launches 2018, Toy Story World Revealed