Speaking about United's move for Lukaku, Mourinho offered some insight into why he was keen to sign the Everton striker and how a phone call helped assure Lukaku about his future.
Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho has already splashed out £110m on two new signings this summer, and he'll have another £100m+ available for additions.
When further quizzed about Matic, Mourinho turned defensive, and stated: "I can't say any word about a player who is a Chelsea player, I can't, it's hard".More news: Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
Manager Jose Mourinho appears to be building a squad capable of challenging for silverware on the domestic and global stage and, if the rumoured deals go through, punters may decide to use their free bet on United adding a 21st English title to their collection.
'Arsenal won a competition, we won two-and-a-half, I like to say.
Premier League champions Chelsea are reportedly holding on to Serbia worldwide Matic until they complete the signing of Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, which is believed to be close. "It's the same with Morata, we have to respect the player, the club, the owner, the manager". We are not happy with just Lukaku and Lindelof.More news: Jagga Jasoos Box-Office Collection : It earns Decent amount on Opening day
"I would not like to be in [chief executive] Ed Woodward's position negotiating because everything is really hard", Mourinho told reporters ahead of United's first pre-season friendly against MLS side LA Galaxy. "We need more", he stated. "We would like two more but at least one".
On Morata's failed move, the Portuguese said: "I don't like to speak about players who aren't ours, because Morata is not our player".
Meanwhile, Mourinho also lifted the lid on United's pursuit of Morata. I've played with a few lads at club level and global level and there is also some young lads. It is obvious, it is public and we have not reached an economic agreement. We do not determine what the price is of a player of Real Madrid, Real Madrid do that. "And we didn't arrive at an agreement with Real Madrid".More news: 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
- Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans
- Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
- British Grand Prix: All eyes are on Lewis Hamilton
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Solar Storm May Spark Northern Lights Over BC This Weekend
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- Trump administration deception 'is mind-boggling — Fox's Shepard Smith
- Stock to Watch For: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Tollywood rattled by drug taint, actors served notices
- European Union (Withdrawal) Bill published