Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and French Minister of Foreign Affairs Jean-Yves Le Drian, in a bilateral meeting, agreed to take collective efforts to counter terrorism and extremism and stop terror financing, reports Al- Arabia.
Qatar's foreign minister welcomed France's support for mediation aimed at finding a solution "based on constructive dialogue. and respect of state sovereignty and worldwide law".
The newest entrant in efforts to resolve the Gulf crisis is France.More news: Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
On a possible exclusion of Qatar from the six member states forming Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the UAE minister pointed out that "Although we may lose the confused and awkward neighbour. we gain clarity and transparency".
The defiant Doha government, however, strongly refused to comply, calling the wide-ranging demands "unrealistic, unreasonable and unacceptable". In return, the four countries vowed to impose further sanctions on Doha.
"A solution could come in the medium term", he said in a press conference, speaking alongside his Qatari counterpart, Mohamed Bin Abdul-Rahman Al Thani who is on an official visit to Turkey.More news: What will happen in season seven, episode one?
Infantino also said the countries have threatened to boycott the tournament should their request not be acted upon.
Le Drian said that France was very concerned about the ongoing Gulf crisis since it has started to impact the lives of so many people.
The Qatari foreign minister, for his part, welcomed France's support for mediation in the row aimed at finding a solution "based on constructive dialogue. and respect of state sovereignty and worldwide law". The French foreign minister is to travel to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the UAE.More news: First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40
On Thursday, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson left Qatar with no breakthrough reported in resolving the month-long dispute.
- Solar Storm May Spark Northern Lights Over BC This Weekend
- Pacific Tropical Storm: Fernanda Expected To Strengthen Moving West
- Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
- Pixar reveal Elastigirl will be the focus of The Incredibles 2
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Launches 2018, Toy Story World Revealed
- Trump administration deception 'is mind-boggling — Fox's Shepard Smith
- Over 7 millions pounds of hot dogs recalled after bone fragments found
- Wenger reveals he has exchanged messages with Alexis Sanchez over player's future
- Stock to Watch For: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Tollywood rattled by drug taint, actors served notices