In a letter to customers, a lawyer for Alfred Angelo, Kimberly Redmond, wrote that the company would "encourage" the bankruptcy trustee to "finish and fulfill as many orders as possible", according to the Times report. Blackman had a receipt for one woman who had paid Alfred Angelo more than $2,000 for a dress and veil, but the veil was the only thing she could rescue. Its "customer care" account hasn't tweeted since July 5.
Dress retailer Alfred Angelo Bridal filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy liquidation in Florida on Friday. Redmond said she wanted it that way, to be sure customers got a response.More news: Gold Cup: US 3, Nicaragua 0
"Finding a dress, finding someone to marry us, and decorations which we're doing ourselves", said bride-to-be Gina Pucci of her to-do list for her upcoming wedding.
"They're literally filing for bankruptcy", said Pucci.
Additionally, a search through the #alfredangelo tag on Twitter brings up some brides who are willing to donate their own dresses for those left in the cold because of the sudden store closures. Inside: the dress ordered from Alfred Angelo in June.More news: Kingdom Hearts 3 Launches 2018, Toy Story World Revealed
Others who weren't so lucky shared another strategy: going to a competitor (several are offering discounts to Alfred Angelo's customers) - and contacting credit card companies to try to claw back payments.
"Right now I'm just angry because that was my own money, that was my own investment", Wilkowski said.More news: Man rescued after being trapped for 3 hours inside ATM
- Jose Mourinho's remaining Man Utd budget revealed, £110m spent so far
- Stock to Watch For: Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F)
- Krauthammer: Trump Jr.'s 'Bungled Collusion Is Still Collusion'
- European Union (Withdrawal) Bill published
- 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
- JC Penney Company, Inc. (JCP)
- Former QB Babe Parilli dies at 87
- The Incredibles 2 will pick up right where the first film ends
- Pacific Tropical Storm: Fernanda Expected To Strengthen Moving West
- The US Puts More Pressure On China Over North Korea