Williams will take on 14th-seeded Garbine Muguruza of Spain in the finals of the women's singles event.
If Williams, 37, takes home the championship, she'll become the oldest woman to win a Grand Slam title in the Open era - surpassing her sister Serena Williams for the honor.
It will be Williams's ninth at Wimbledon and the stage for a potential eighth grand slam crown and having defied the odds to reach this point, few would now bet against her.More news: Patrick Rodgers shoots 64, leads by two at the John Deere Classic
However, Muguruza has produced some of the best tennis of her career in SW19 this fortnight, knocking out world No1 Angelique Kerber and dismantling No7 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova easily in the quarter-finals. She's dropped just one set during the tournament, and her powerful serve & groundstrokes have blended beautifully yet again with the grass. After losing in the Wimbledon semifinals a year ago, he took the rest of 2016 off to let his surgically repaired left knee heal.
The American returned to the top 10 last year and then reached her first Grand Slam final since 2009 when she lost to Serena in Melbourne earlier this year.
"I feel very focused still".
Johanna Konta's ambitions of becoming the first British female victor at Wimbledon since Virginia Wade in 1977 were ended by Venus Williams while Muguruza dismissed Magdalena Rybarikova, the story of the tournament, in convincing fashion. "But to have her by my side gives me also this little confidence on having someone that has won before", she said.More news: Kucinich: Trump Jr. Meeting Is a 'Bunch of Nothing'
All these years later, Wimbledon still brings out the best in Venus Williams. Only ten players have played in more. The last time Venus had reached multiple Slam finals in a calendar year was in 2003 (runner-up at AO and Wimbledon). Muguruza lost only set too, against the German Angelique Kerber in the fourth round.
- This is Muguruza's first final since winning the French Open 13 months ago. Muguruza has one title to her name, the 2016 French Open. With Serena skipping the tournament due to her pregnancy, this is the best opportunity for Venus to win a Grand Slam title.
The pair are first up on Centre Court, ahead of the men's doubles final and, third in line, the ladies' doubles final. I have to go out there and take it and play well.
With both players boasting similar weapons - big serves and clubbing forehands, the outcome could depend on who shakes off the inevitable final nerves more quickly.More news: Tulsa cop resigns after being acquitted in shooting of unarmed black man
- Garbine Muguruza vs. Venus Williams - player profiles
- Live Updates from the D23 Disney Animation Panel!
- Donald Trump Jr meeting: Russian lobbyist and former Soviet officer confirms attendance
- Rahman trolled for singing 'Tamil songs' in London
- China intruded territory in Doklam, says Centre; Oppn promises support
- Fire in Honolulu apartment block kills three
- Former Senator Scott Ludlam's whistlebower has come forward
- Nice attack: Prosecutor calls for ban on Paris Match photos
- Cousins charged in homicides of four Pennsylvania men
- How Many ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)'s Analysts Are Bullish?