The Chilean forward has entered the final year of his contract with the club and is yet to agree to a new deal, which has put his future in doubt with a number of clubs showing interest in signing him.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has claimed "positive" talks with star forward Alexis Sanchez over his future at the Emirates, despite reports the Chile global is set to leave this summer.More news: GOP facing White House pressure to pass new healthcare bill
Arsenal's preference has been for Sanchez to move overseas rather than to a Premier League rival, but Wenger has been publicly bullish over the player, suggesting that if he does quit the club it will have to be at the end of his contract.
The 28-year-old has been a source of transfer rumors throughout the summer with Chelsea, Man City and Bayern Munich all linked with his signature. "There's not a lot to resolve at the moment with the player".
"I have spoken through text and it was very positive", Wenger told reporters in Sydney, Australia, on Saturday.More news: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti blames 'external forces' for Kashmir unrest
And Wenger expects him to be ready for the start of the season less than a fortnight later.
The once-promising midfielder spent last season on loan at Bournemouth, where he broke his leg in the latter part of the season.
Sometimes I have left them out but it also depends on what shape they come back in.More news: Jagga Jasoos Box-Office Collection : It earns Decent amount on Opening day
When asked recently if he planned to keep Sanchez, Wenger responded: 'Yes, that is a continuation of what I said at the end of the season.
- Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
- Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
- Rahul Dravid and Zaheer Khan's appointment put on hold
- KJo walks IIFA ROCKS green carpet in red
- Funeral for NY trooper killed while responding to domestic dispute
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data
- Twitter goes berserk as Mithali Raj scores sixth ODI century
- Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans