While the occasion is usually a highly ceremonial affair, French president Emmanuel Macron's first July 14 parade took a slightly unconventional turn, as he invited the Army band to perform a jazzy rendition of...
Yes, it's as tragic as it sounds.More news: China intruded territory in Doklam, says Centre; Oppn promises support
Anyway, the medley itself features the legendary French electronic duo's mega hits like "One More Time", "Get Lucky", "Digital Love", and "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger". And because France is a Chill and Cool country, it celebrates by making its military play a bunch of Daft Punk, France's most accomplished robots.
There's a lot of stuff President Donald Trump doesn't seem to understand: equality, the news, foreign policy, common decency, and hair brushing to name but a few. The two were treated to an absolutely awesome Daft Punk medley preformed by The French Military Band. Unsurprisingly, it's entirely the sort of fun Pres. Donald Trump does not understand.More news: Trump to French first lady: 'You're in such good shape'
Macron lights up when he presumably recognizes "Get Lucky", though, and while Trump's face doesn't really change, it does look like he said the word "beautiful" to somebody, so maybe he's not as displeased about it as he looks.More news: HBO's Westworld, NBC's Saturday Night Live Lead Emmy Nominations
- Dow ends at 2nd straight record ahead of bank earnings
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics
- Patrick Rodgers shoots 64, leads by two at the John Deere Classic
- Former Senator Scott Ludlam's whistlebower has come forward
- Donald Trump Jr meeting: Russian lobbyist and former Soviet officer confirms attendance
- Live Updates from the D23 Disney Animation Panel!
- Security intensified at Kamal Haasan's residence
- Kaziranga turns into watery grave for animals
- Kucinich: Trump Jr. Meeting Is a 'Bunch of Nothing'
- Nice attack: Prosecutor calls for ban on Paris Match photos