Suspected of having terror links, Jammu and Kashmir Police have arrested Peoples Democratic Party legislator Aijaz Ahmad Mir's driver on Friday in connection to the Amarnath yatra attack.
The SIT formed by the police to investigate the attack on Amarnath pilgrims, which resulted in seven casualties, is headed by deputy inspector general (south Kashmir) SP Pani.More news: Redrow plc (LON:RDW) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
Superintendent of police Shopian, Ambarkar Shriram Dinkar, however, said Touseef was picked up only for questioning related to other militannt activities and his detention in not in connection with the Amarnath terror attack.
Touseef, a Chokura Pulwama resident attached to the Jammu and Kashmir police's security wing, has been Mir's driver for over a year now.More news: Deepika Padukone gets body shamed on Instagram for looking "too skinny"
The source said police have arrested two more persons along with Touseef for their alleged involvement in the same case. "It is related to a militancy case". "I will be able to comment on the case when the investigation reaches at particular stage", he said and added that police didn't arrest the driver but only detained him for questioning.
PDP MLA Aijaz Ahmad Mir said he was in Chandigarh for a health check up when his driver was arrested.More news: Williams - Muguruza, the expected final
The attack was carried out by terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and masterminded by Pakistani militant Ismail. Seven people died and 19 were injured when terrorists opened fire at a bus ferrying Amarnath Yatra pilgrims about 50 km from Pahalgam.
- Facebook's built-in camera does GIFs now
- President Scowls During French Army's Amazing Daft Punk Tribute
- Security intensified at Kamal Haasan's residence
- Garbine Muguruza vs. Venus Williams - player profiles
- Defying Trump, Jerry Brown to showcase American climate change efforts
- Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires
- No bail for Dileep; actor sent back to Aluva sub-jail
- Nevada OKs regulation to fix recreational marijuana shortage
- Klopp takes a vow of silence over Liverpool's top targets
- These pictures show how sure Morata was of joining Man United