Floyd was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the first round in 2012, but was cut by the team after a DUI arrest in December of previous year.More news: US Drone Strike Obliterates Islamic State's Afghan Leader
With the suspension, Floyd's first regular-season game with the Vikings would be Monday, Oct. 9 at Chicago. He faced a minimum two-game unpaid suspension under the NFL's policy. The DUI incident occurred before Floyd signed with the Patriots, and video showed he was asleep behind the wheel at the time.
Floyd's agent, Brian Murphy, said his client consumed "several bottles" of Kombucha tea while watching movies at teammate Kyle Rudolph's house, where he's been staying since returning to Minnesota. Floyd told the judge he'd been drinking kombucha tea, unaware that it contained alcohol, which accounted for the failed test.More news: GOP operative who hunted for Hillary Clinton's emails killed himself
A native of St. Paul, the former Notre Dame star signed with the Vikings in the offseason, but got into more trouble after agreeing to the deal. "I said, 'If I find out you're lying to me, I'm going to cut you'".
Floyd will miss the first four games of the 2017 season.More news: Liverpool consider Lazio's £5m offer for midfielder Lucas Leiva
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Michael Floyd has been suspended for four games in connection to his 2016 DUI arrest in Scottsdale. The Vikings stood behind him, with General Manager Rick Spielman saying, "We believe Michael will be a productive member of the Vikings organization, both on and off the field".
- India snubs China 'offer' on Kashmir
- 6 reported killed in crash on I-65 North in Kentucky
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza crashes out, Bopanna advances to mixed doubles quarters
- Florida county issues 'no homework' policy for elementary schools
- Ex-congressional staffers indicted for posting House member's nude video
- Chiefs will likely face Ezekiel Elliot despite rumored suspension
- Kylian Mbappe: 'I am unsure of AS Monaco future'
- Jazz sign former Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko
- Kid Rock confirms he is running for US Senate
- India snubs China on Kashmir; Says ready to talk to Pak