The American 10th seed played superbly to win 6-4 6-2 on Centre Court and set up a final - her first in the tournament's singles competition since 2009 - against Spain's Garbine Muguruza.
"I had a lot of issues", Williams said, adding, "This year's been fantastic, in terms of my play".
Will Williams continue to dominate on grass to win her impressive sixth title at Wimbledon on Saturday? This is where I want to be.' Last time a female British player won the Wimbledon title was 1977 with Virginia Wade. That way, the American will be in her 8th #Wimbledon final, the first one in 8 years. I just wish she was here and I wish she could do this for me.
Should Williams beat Garbine Muguruza on Saturday, it would come 17 years after her first Wimbledon singles title.More news: How You Can Celebrate National Ice Cream Day Around Boston
"I feel much more calm, kind of controlling more my emotions than the last time".
As happened often during the match, Konta lost the first point on serve but was helped by an ace and a forehand victor to reach 40-30.
"I have to say Garbine played an wonderful match - I mean, I've never seen her play that well".
'Quite honestly, I think I was in with a shot of winning this tournament. "I wanted to give them more, but I didn't and I was sad for them".More news: Former Russian Spy Attended Trump Jr. Meeting
Muguruza recorded 22 winners against just 11 unforced errors in the quick match. There's a lot of things I can still get better at, which is exciting for me and exciting for my team. "I continued to trust in myself", she added.
"I couldn't have asked for more, but I'll ask for one more".
Twenty-three-year-old Muguruza trails Venus Williams in their career head-to-head matches 1-3, but the Spaniard won their last meeting in the Quarterfinals of the Rome Masters earlier this year.
Hingis, who won four of her six grand slam battles with Venus, said the achievement was all the more remarkable given that she was diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome in 2011, an auto-immune disease that causes chronic fatigue and muscle soreness. "It was 6-1, 6-1, but still I made an wonderful run here to the semifinals".More news: Turkish police detain producer of Erdogan film over Gulen links
- 4.2 magnitude natural disaster jolts Oklahomans
- Man said he killed, burned 4 after drug deals
- Toy Story 4 unpacks new director, teases plot
- Liverpool consider Lazio's £5m offer for midfielder Lucas Leiva
- 3D printing helps ETH Zurich scientists create beating silicone heart
- Vikings Floyd suspended first 4 games
- Carrie Fisher Honored As Disney Legend At D23
- Jose Mourinho: 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic could sign new Manchester United deal'
- DNA Double Feature: Scientists Replay Movie Stored in Molecules
- US Drone Strike Obliterates Islamic State's Afghan Leader