In yet another achievement for a woman criccket player, India's explosive Mithali Raj has added feather to her cap by becoming first Indian woman player to complete 1000 runs in World cup in 27 innings. The Mithali Raj-led Indian side needs to win the last match of league stage against New Zealand to qualify for the semi-finals. Mithali came to bat in the fourth over of the match after the dismissal of opener Poonam Raut. India need Mandhana to regain her form today against the White Ferns.
Mithali formed an important partnership with Harmanpreet Kaur to take India past the three-figure mark and reaching her fifty off Hannah Rowe in the 28th over.More news: Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
India capitalised the poor start in the middle overs, milking 16-year-old leg-spinner Amelia Kerr for 64 runs besides skipper Suzie Bates leaking 59 from her 8 overs. The number of her fifties in one-day internationals is 49. India is at the 4th spot on the points table and the only one spot is remaining for the semis.
More news: Watch EVO 2017 Live-Streams Right Here
Where is India vs New Zealand Women's World Cup match be played? She joined the elite list comprising of Debbie Hockley, Janette Brittin, Charlotte Edwards, and Belinda Clarke. Katie Perkins (1) too was sent back quickly with Sharma cleaning her up as New Zealand lost half their side for 52/5 in the 19th over.
During the Women's World Cup, her activity of reading before going out to bat has also caught the attention of fans. She scored an unbeaten 114 runs on her debut. However, she fell for a golden duck in the previous match against South Africa. Following that she scored an unbeaten 64 (South Africa), 73 (Bangladesh), 51* (South Africa), 54 (South Africa), 62* (South Africa), 71 (England). Her highest being 114* against Ireland in Milton Keynes back in 26 June, 1999. Indian women have shattered many records and earned a good name for the country.More news: Facebook's built-in camera does GIFs now
- De Mistura: Direct Syrian Talks in Upcoming Rounds
- Authorities: Pot dealer says he killed 4 men
- Bakayoko On His Way To Stamford Bridge - £40m Fee Agreed!
- Defying Trump, Jerry Brown to showcase American climate change efforts
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data
- Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl
- Deepika Padukone gets body shamed on Instagram for looking "too skinny"
- Watch Trump Suffer a Daft Punk Medley for Bastille Day
- Kashmir: At least three militants killed in ongoing Pulwama encounter
- Liverpool join Chelsea in race to sign Gabonese striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang