In a segment with his network colleague Chris Wallace, Smith was offering commentary about the latest revelations in the unfolding scandal. "If there's nothing there - and that's what they tell us".
He added, "I think this is the biggest problem here".More news: WWE Reportedly Cancels Talking Smack as a Weekly Series
The president often retweets clips from Fox News programming, particularly Fox & Friends, and promotes appearances by his family members on the channel.
Fox News hosts Shepard Smith ripped into members of the Donald Trump campaign involved in a meeting past year with a Russian attorney, going on a lengthy rant about their "mind-boggling" deception as reports about their discussion continue to come out. John Roberts confirms there was an eighth person in that meeting. Wallace opined: If you're a fair-minded citizen, you ought to be concerned about the fact that we were repeatedly misled about what this meeting concerned. "Very important stuff, you can go to prison for messing it up, you know, intentionally".
Smith went on to criticize Jared Kushner for failing to report the names of these individuals on his necessary clearance paperwork. None of these people made it ... They're still not clean on this, Chris.More news: Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner also participated in meetings with Kislyak and the CEO of a Russian state-run bank, and has amended his national security questionnaire to reflect meetings and contacts that he had initially omitted. If all of that, why all these lies? If you come clean, you know.
Smith said his grandmother used to say that "oh, what a tangled web we leave when first we practice to deceive".
"The deception, Chris is mind boggling", he continued, referring to Fox News' Chris Wallace. "If there's nothing there - and that's what they tell us. why all these lies?" "And why are we getting told all these lies?" I think there's a lot of truth to everything that you've said. Lies that are calculated to fit in with a false narrative, and lies that are calculated to muddy the waters. And the excuses they offer to explain the lies become more ridiculous every day.More news: Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
- Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
- Watch EVO 2017 Live-Streams Right Here
- Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
- No bail for Dileep; actor sent back to Aluva sub-jail
- Facebook's built-in camera does GIFs now
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Funeral for NY trooper killed while responding to domestic dispute
- What will happen in season seven, episode one?
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti blames 'external forces' for Kashmir unrest
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data