As the storms move through the state, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings will also pop up here and there for other counties, according to WJZ Meteorologist Tim Williams.
A Severe thunderstorm watch was in effect through 9 p.m. and was raised to a warning as the storm developed across the Virginia suburbs and into Maryland.More news: Caitlyn Jenner calls Rob Kardashian 'stupid' following Blac Chyna revenge porn
Shortly before 4 p.m., severe thunderstorms were located along a line in eastern Pennsylvania and moving quickly toward South Jersey, the weather service said. Damaging winds up to 60 miles per hour are possible. "Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury".
The weather agency says the public should watch out for flash flood, water pooling on roads and the threat of lightning.More news: Man said he killed, burned 4 after drug deals
The counties included are Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, and Ocean.
Severe thunderstorm warnings have been issued for parts of the Philadelphia suburbs late Thursday afternoon.More news: Specialist doctor offering to treat Charlie Gard named
- Jose Mourinho: 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic could sign new Manchester United deal'
- Jonny Bairstow: Even-stevens after opening day at Trent Bridge
- US Drone Strike Obliterates Islamic State's Afghan Leader
- Yankees' Pineda Has Partial UCL Tear, May Need Tommy John Surgery
- Askew-Henry makes another watch list
- 4.2 magnitude natural disaster jolts Oklahomans
- Jazz sign former Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko
- 3D printing helps ETH Zurich scientists create beating silicone heart
- Billboard's Top Money Makers
- Chiefs will likely face Ezekiel Elliot despite rumored suspension