As the storms move through the state, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings will also pop up here and there for other counties, according to WJZ Meteorologist Tim Williams.
A Severe thunderstorm watch was in effect through 9 p.m. and was raised to a warning as the storm developed across the Virginia suburbs and into Maryland.More news: Caitlyn Jenner calls Rob Kardashian 'stupid' following Blac Chyna revenge porn
Shortly before 4 p.m., severe thunderstorms were located along a line in eastern Pennsylvania and moving quickly toward South Jersey, the weather service said. Damaging winds up to 60 miles per hour are possible. "Very large hail can damage property, break windows, dent vehicles and cause serious injury".
The weather agency says the public should watch out for flash flood, water pooling on roads and the threat of lightning.More news: 3D printing helps ETH Zurich scientists create beating silicone heart
The counties included are Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, and Ocean.
Severe thunderstorm warnings have been issued for parts of the Philadelphia suburbs late Thursday afternoon.More news: Korea's Foreign Currency Deposits in June Reach Record Low
- Yankees' Pineda Has Partial UCL Tear, May Need Tommy John Surgery
- Jose Mourinho: 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic could sign new Manchester United deal'
- Billboard's Top Money Makers
- You can get a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts Friday for 80 cents
- Marcel Kittel wins his fifth stage of the Tour de France
- 4.2 magnitude natural disaster jolts Oklahomans
- Body of missing Pennsylvania man found near other human remains, suspect confesses
- Man said he killed, burned 4 after drug deals
- Turkish police detain producer of Erdogan film over Gulen links
- Texas Army veteran's dying wish is to hear from you