Now the Viswaroopam actor has said he will apologise after being under tremendous pressure for mentioning the name of the actress who is a sexual assault victim in a press meet recently.
Chennai: The National Commission for Women (NCW) has served a notice to actor Kamal Haasan for revealing the name of the actress, who was harassed inside a moving vehicle in Kochi. The group did only demand a ban on the show but also said that the show's host kamal Haasan and the 14 contestants should be arrested. "U r penalizing the lawyer & missing criminals".
"I don't understand why we must conceal her name.She has come forward to speak of her own harrowing experience.She's very fearless, and I am very proud of her.I see no reason to hide her name". Name her after my mother or my daughter. This war will be fought. No one is above law.except your gods. Jago My lady bharath.More news: Dow ends at 2nd straight record ahead of bank earnings
Reiterating their anguish against the launch of Bigg Boss' Tamil version, the workers of Hindu Makkal Katchi gathered outside actor Kamal Haasan's residence and staged a protest on Friday.
When journalists pointed out that the name of the actress is not supposed to be revealed, Kamal pointed out that there is nothing wrong in revealing her name. "If you want to call her Draupadi, then call her Draupadi".
The actor, speaking to the media on Wednesday, had named the actress while answering a question on the security of women in the film industry.More news: China intruded territory in Doklam, says Centre; Oppn promises support
When asked to not name her, Haasan said, "It doesn't matter if I have used the name".
Kamal Haasan has now been issued a notice in related to the prominent Malayalam actress" "abduction and molestation' case.More news: Williams - Muguruza, the expected final
- Gayle, big players could be back in Windies fold
- Garbine Muguruza vs. Venus Williams - player profiles
- Afghan girls fly to USA for robotics fair
- HBO's Westworld, NBC's Saturday Night Live Lead Emmy Nominations
- Cousins charged in homicides of four Pennsylvania men
- Kaziranga turns into watery grave for animals
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics
- Daft Punk Medley Performance At Bastille Day Parade With Trump And Macron
- Bastille Day: Macron thanks US for WWI support
- Klopp takes a vow of silence over Liverpool's top targets