The New Orleans Pelicans are seeking another point guard. The Pelicans are still a relatively young team that could definitely use a veteran with playoff experience on their roster.
In Rondo, the Pelicans envision a potential starting or reserve point guard alongside Jrue Holiday in the backcourt.
They played together for one season with the Sacramento Kings during the 2015-16 season and formed a strong bond.More news: Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final
In the late stages of June, the Bulls were likely to soak up Rondo's full $3 million cap hit for this year rather than stretch it out over the duration of the next three years.
New Orleans has yet to announce the deal publicly.
After helping the Bulls get off to a solid start in November, Rondo struggled to find his form alongside ball-dominant players like Dwyane Wade and Jimmy Butler.More news: De Mistura: Direct Syrian Talks in Upcoming Rounds
If he performs like he did in his two postseason contests with the Bulls and during his prime with the Celtics, the Pelicans will have landed one of the steals of free agency.
Rondo averaged 7.8 points and 6.7 assists per game over 69 games and 26.7 minutes per with the Bulls last season.
Rondo is entering his 13th National Basketball Association season after being drafted No. xx overall by the Celtics in xxxx.More news: Bakayoko On His Way To Stamford Bridge - £40m Fee Agreed!
A four-time All-Star and an National Basketball Association champion in Boston, Rondo bounced around after eight-plus years with the Celtics.
- Kashmir: At least three militants killed in ongoing Pulwama encounter
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti blames 'external forces' for Kashmir unrest
- WWE Reportedly Cancels Talking Smack as a Weekly Series
- Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
- Redrow plc (LON:RDW) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- DA to give update in Cosmo DiNardo missing men case
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data
- Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl