Patrick Rodgers took a small step towards living up to the expectations heaped upon him when he tied a Tiger Woods college record by taking a two-stroke halfway lead at the John Deere Classic in IL on Friday.
Howell opened on the back nine with back-to-back birdies, his first birdie putt from six feet and second from twice as far, added another at 14 and struck for back-to-back birdies again at the par-3 16th and par-5 17th, putting his approach two feet from the cup on the former and two-putting from 75 feet on the latter. "It was tricky this afternoon with some breeze, but I know 13-under is not going to win the golf tournament, so I got to keep that same mindset for the next two rounds".More news: Sudan's Bashir 'suspends sanctions talks with US'
Rodgers mixed eight birdies with a sole blemish in an impressive display at TPC Deere Run, lifting him two clear of nearest challenger Bryson DeChambeau.
Zach Johnson and Charles Howell III are three back at 10-under 132. A breakthrough week for the IN native would not only give him his first tour title, but also earn him a spot IN next week's Open Championship.More news: Marcel Kittel wins his fifth stage of the Tour de France
"I was outside the ropes a little bit". Usually it's 100° here in Moline in July.
"I haven't had a great start really all year on the first round", Schniederjans said. The former Georgia Tech All-American went from PGA Tour victor and rookie of the year in 2014 to losing his card at the end of the 2016 season, but has shown resilience, and is taking advantage of his latest opportunity this week. When the shotmaking started Thursday, the focus was on capturing a major crown and Feng fared best, starting on the back nine and making birdies on the par-4 11th, 12th and 13th holes.More news: Kaziranga turns into watery grave for animals
Defending champion Ryan Moore, meanwhile, missed the cut.
- Boyd Holbrook's Exit from 'Narcos' Confirmed, Season 3 Teaser Trailer Released
- Toy Story 4 unpacks new director, teases plot
- OR kicks WR Darren Carrington off team following DUI arrest
- Hanged man was 'dark web mastermind'
- NZ dollar heading to a weekly 0.8% decline, eyes on US
- Human cases of West Nile Virus confirmed in Nebraska
- Tulsa cop resigns after being acquitted in shooting of unarmed black man
- Bastille Day: Macron thanks US for WWI support
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics
- Multiple reports: Second person arrested in missing men case