Patrick Rodgers took a small step towards living up to the expectations heaped upon him when he tied a Tiger Woods college record by taking a two-stroke halfway lead at the John Deere Classic in IL on Friday.
Howell opened on the back nine with back-to-back birdies, his first birdie putt from six feet and second from twice as far, added another at 14 and struck for back-to-back birdies again at the par-3 16th and par-5 17th, putting his approach two feet from the cup on the former and two-putting from 75 feet on the latter. "It was tricky this afternoon with some breeze, but I know 13-under is not going to win the golf tournament, so I got to keep that same mindset for the next two rounds".More news: Kaziranga turns into watery grave for animals
Rodgers mixed eight birdies with a sole blemish in an impressive display at TPC Deere Run, lifting him two clear of nearest challenger Bryson DeChambeau.
Zach Johnson and Charles Howell III are three back at 10-under 132. A breakthrough week for the IN native would not only give him his first tour title, but also earn him a spot IN next week's Open Championship.More news: Human cases of West Nile Virus confirmed in Nebraska
"I was outside the ropes a little bit". Usually it's 100° here in Moline in July.
"I haven't had a great start really all year on the first round", Schniederjans said. The former Georgia Tech All-American went from PGA Tour victor and rookie of the year in 2014 to losing his card at the end of the 2016 season, but has shown resilience, and is taking advantage of his latest opportunity this week. When the shotmaking started Thursday, the focus was on capturing a major crown and Feng fared best, starting on the back nine and making birdies on the par-4 11th, 12th and 13th holes.More news: NZ dollar heading to a weekly 0.8% decline, eyes on US
Defending champion Ryan Moore, meanwhile, missed the cut.
- Venus Williams jokes about wishing Serena could play Wimbledon final for her
- Rahman trolled for singing 'Tamil songs' in London
- Toy Story 4 unpacks new director, teases plot
- Nice attack: Prosecutor calls for ban on Paris Match photos
- NASCAR at New Hampshire 2017 Qualifying Results: Kyle Larson Takes Pole
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics
- Hanged man was 'dark web mastermind'
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)
- ISIS Threatens Bastille Day Attack With Photo of Trump in Paris
- OR kicks WR Darren Carrington off team following DUI arrest