A number of products are subject to recall.
Hot dog products have been recalled by Marathon Enterprises Inc., a Bronx, N.Y. establishment, due to possible contamination with extraneous materials, specifically bone fragments. "8864", which can be found inside the USDA mark of inspection.
One minor oral injury associated with the consumption of the contaminated product has been reported thus far.More news: Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact their doctor. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
The franks were sold nationwide to retailers and institutions, mostly under the Sabrett brand name, the USDA said. "Sabrett has a 90 year history of assuring the safety of its beloved hot dogs and truly appreciates the continued loyalty of its many valued customers".
A full list of the affected products can be found on the FSIS website.More news: Wenger reveals he has exchanged messages with Alexis Sanchez over player's future
The issue came to the attention of the USDA last week when consumers reported finding small pieces of bone and cartilage in the meat, the USDA and the company said.
Consumers with questions about this recall can contact Sabrett Consumer Relations at 1-800-SABRETT Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m.to 5:15 p.m.
Sabrett says its hot dogs are sold at many arenas, concert venues and convention centers across the country, including New York's Madison Square Garden.More news: WWE Reportedly Cancels Talking Smack as a Weekly Series
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti blames 'external forces' for Kashmir unrest
- European Union (Withdrawal) Bill published
- Man charged in deaths of 4 missing men in Pennsylvania
- 'Aladdin': Disney Remake Finds Its Leads
- Twitter goes berserk as Mithali Raj scores sixth ODI century
- Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl
- Giroud close to Gunners' decision
- Democrats Release New Bill On Russia And Iran Sanctions
- First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40
- British Grand Prix: All eyes are on Lewis Hamilton