Actor Dileep, who was arrested in the case related to the alleged sexual assault and abduction of a Malayalam actress, was denied bail by the Angamaly Judicial First Class Magistrate Court on Saturday. Earlier, the local court had remanded the actor to 14 days judicial custody.
No bail for Dileep; actor sent back to Aluva sub-jail
The prosecution had argued that if bail was granted to the actor, he could influence witnesses and also tamper with the evidence. The court considered the contentions of the police and extended the police custody of Dileep by a day. The magistrate asked the actor whether he has any complaints against the police.
Dileep who has been lodged at the Aluva jail will continue to be questioned under custody in the actress abduction and molestation case. Dileep is accused of hiring goons on "quotation" basis to assault the actress over alleged personal rivalry.More news: Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
Meanwhile, officials of the Enforcement Directorate visited the Police Club at Aluva on Friday morning to collect documents pertaining to the financial transactions and land deals of the actor.
According to the investigation team, since the complainant was an actress, Dileep may attempt to threaten her on film sets and even cause a law and order situation.More news: Daft Punk Medley Performance At Bastille Day Parade With Trump And Macron
Suni had made a statement to the police that he handed over the mobile phone and the memory card with the pictures of the actress to Kavya's online textile store in Kakkanad "Laksyah".More news: How Many ON Semiconductor Corp (NASDAQ:ON)'s Analysts Are Bullish?
- Women's WC: New Zealand win toss, put India to bat
- Redrow plc (LON:RDW) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires
- Kashmir: At least three militants killed in ongoing Pulwama encounter
- Kucinich: Trump Jr. Meeting Is a 'Bunch of Nothing'
- Williams - Muguruza, the expected final
- Cousins charged in homicides of four Pennsylvania men
- Security intensified at Kamal Haasan's residence
- Garbine Muguruza vs. Venus Williams - player profiles
- DA to give update in Cosmo DiNardo missing men case