Saturday, 20 January 2018
Latest news
Main » Multiple reports: Second person arrested in missing men case

Multiple reports: Second person arrested in missing men case

15 July 2017

A second person was detained in Philadelphia over the horrifying murders of four men whose bodies were torched and buried on a sprawling suburban farm.

Additional information on the mysterious case is expected to be delivered by authorities at 2 p.m. EDT on Friday.

Cosmo DiNardo and his cousin have been charged with homicide after human remains of four missing Bucks County men were found on a farm owned by DiNardo's parents, according to online court records.

At the press conference Friday, he said that three of the bodies were located underneath an old oil tanker that had been converted into a "cooker" of some sort.

More news: CBI to investigate extra-judicial killings under AFSPA in Manipur

Police were back at the farm early Thursday, digging away in the dust and the 90-degree-plus heat and using plywood to shore up the deep, tent-covered trench that they excavated at the spot where Weintraub said dogs smelled "these poor boys 12½ feet below the ground".

At the time of the arrest, Kratz was already out on bail for separate charges involving burglary, criminal trespassing, theft, receiving stolen property and other charges relating to a 2016 incident. Standing outside a courthouse here, one of his attorneys said he had made the confession to avoid a death sentence.

Photo Cosmo DiNardo has been charged with stealing the auto of one of the four missing men.

At a press conference early Thursday morning, shortly after midnight, Weintraub addressed DiNardo, saying, "I feel that we bought ourselves a little bit of time in charging Mr. DiNardo with the stolen auto case today and getting that 5 million dollar bail".

More news: US House passes $695.9 billion national defense bill

The two men arrived at DiNardo's property, where Kratz was also waiting. Dinardo and Kratz returned to the property the next afternoon and used the backhoe to dig a hole and bury Finocchiaro, Meo and Sturgis, the complaint says.

Dinardo admitted to "his participation or commission in the murders of the four young men", his attorney, Paul Lang, said Thursday.

DiNardo has been arrested twice since the young men, who knew each other, vanished last week.

The other missing men are Mark Sturgis, 22, and Thomas Meo, 21, who worked together in construction, and Jimi Taro Patrick, 19, a student at Loyola University in Baltimore. They vowed to "bring each and every one of these lost boys home to their families, one way or another". Local media reports say that Dinardo and Patrick attended the same preparatory school in Bensalem, Pa., while Dinardo and Finocchiaro had both posted on a Facebook page for buying and selling all-terrain vehicles. He said it appeared that the suspects may have tried to burn them but were not successful.

More news: 3D printing helps ETH Zurich scientists create beating silicone heart

He said investigators may never know the exact reason why the men killed the victims.

Multiple reports: Second person arrested in missing men case