Manchester United are confident about their prospects of fending off Real Madrid's renewed interest in goalkeeper David De Gea, with sources telling ESPN FC that the Old Trafford hierarchy are sceptical over the European champions' ability to pay for the Spain No. 1.
United were only willing to go as high as £60m for the Spaniard but Real Madrid wanted around £75m as they looked to fund a move for Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe.
It's no secret that United and Real were negotiating about Morata this summer, but they just couldn't hammer out a deal.
Real have been unable to find a buyer for James Rodriguez, instead agreeing to loan the Colombian midfielder to Bayern Munich earlier this month.More news: Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
Mourinho said: "Yes, we have had interest, that is obvious and it's public".
"We have players that belong to the squad but can not play for the next few months; Marcus Rojo, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, Zlatan if he stays so we still need two more players I would say, at least one".
'It is a right of Madrid to ask for their players the amount they want.More news: Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans
"I do not criticize Madrid and I am not going to criticize my board because my board has made the offer and they have tried to reach an agreement during a time, and they didn't come to an agreement. It's understandable", Mourinho said from United's training camp at UCLA in Los Angeles ahead of the pre-season firiendly with LA Galaxy on Sunday.
If Costa is sold and Chelsea fail to bring in a replacement, Michy Batshuayi would be the only option available to Conte.More news: GOP facing White House pressure to pass new healthcare bill
- Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl
- KJo walks IIFA ROCKS green carpet in red
- Authorities: Pot dealer says he killed 4 men
- Judge sentences California man accused of torturing, killing cats
- Bakayoko On His Way To Stamford Bridge - £40m Fee Agreed!
- Kashmir: At least three militants killed in ongoing Pulwama encounter
- Deepika Padukone gets body shamed on Instagram for looking "too skinny"
- WWE Reportedly Cancels Talking Smack as a Weekly Series
- Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
- Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires