"I can't say anything", said Klopp after the 1-1 friendly draw with Wigan on Friday in which Salah scored in his first appearance.
Wigan took the lead in the 21st minute when attacker Alex Gilbey fired low into the bottom corner of the goal past Simon Mignolet in the Reds goal. Klopp explained: "He had absolutely no idea how we defend usually, so he was not really involved in this and was like 'oh my god'".
"But you could tell he is used to a completely different way of defending".More news: Williams - Muguruza, the expected final
"And the goal was maybe the easiest situation in the game, but they played a few wonderful pieces of football: Roberto, Phil, Adam, Gini in the No. 6 position was good". And after the game Klopp admitted they had thrown the new arrival into the deep end and it showed with how he defended during his 45 minutes on the field.
The Reds have so far signed Mohamed Salah from Roma and Dominic Solanke after his contract expired at Chelsea, but are interested in RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita and Hull left-back Andrew Robertson.
In-between his electric run and getting on the scoresheet, the 25-year-old provided evidence of the attributes Jurgen Klopp wanted in a wide forward: excellent anticipation, consistent movement, flexibility, the ability to make a difference in the final third, and a strong appetite to win back possession.More news: Kaziranga turns into watery grave for animals
"If whatever would say here would change anything in a positive way, I would".
"That's quite hard. We should've given the list on July 8 but I couldn't because I didn't know who was injured and who was not when we fly, so tonight I'll make the decision". It is not important what I say. No.
Glenn is ESPN FC's Liverpool correspondent.More news: Former Senator Scott Ludlam's whistlebower has come forward
- No survivors in small plane crash near Marineland, rescuers say
- It is mischievous for anyone to say I've congratulated Makarfi - Sheriff
- HBO's Westworld, NBC's Saturday Night Live Lead Emmy Nominations
- Cousins charged in homicides of four Pennsylvania men
- Rahman trolled for singing 'Tamil songs' in London
- NZ dollar heading to a weekly 0.8% decline, eyes on US
- Multiple reports: Second person arrested in missing men case
- Nice attack: Prosecutor calls for ban on Paris Match photos
- Donald Trump Jr meeting: Russian lobbyist and former Soviet officer confirms attendance
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics