Each cat killed by San Jose-resident Robert Farmer had its name read aloud by a judge during the sentencing to remind him of each crime he committed. Mixed emotions after San Jose cat killer sentenced to 16 years " He will still be young when he's released.
Robert Roy Farmer, who pleaded guilty previous year to 21 counts of animal cruelty as well as misdemeanor battery and being under the influence, lured some of his prey from their homes in San Jose, California.
Chatman rejected the prosecution's request that Robert Farmer be required to register as a sex offender on the grounds the evidence was not strong enough to conclude he had sexually abused one of the slain animals after it died. There were tears when pet owners spoke about "their beloved cats and what they meant to them", Goodson said, followed by a "big sigh of relief" when Farmer was sentenced. Stine was surprised when McKimmie said her cat went missing the same morning as his 16-year-old orange tabby cat Chablis, who still has not been seen to this day.More news: Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl
Robert Farmer was convicted of animal cruelty after a spate of distressed neighbours reported their fluffy friends mysteriously disappearing. She imposed the maximum sentence, which Farmer will serve in a county jail.
"He got max sentence 16 YEARS!", a woman wrote on the Facebook group, adding a thumbs-up emoji. The doctor also considered him a possible danger to the community, with a prognosis for recovery that was "poor, with potential escalation to higher life forms in the future".
Others chimed in, commenting that it was "too bad" that the judge didn't include the sex offender requirement.More news: Giroud close to Gunners' decision
Farmer will not be allowed within 100 yards of the Cambrian Park neighbourhood after his release, and will not be allowed to own or care for a pet for 10 years.
Police found a dead tabby in the 24-year-old's auto as they arrested him, CBS reported.
Feline slayer Farmer said it was "so hard to grasp" the fact he did these horrific crimes.More news: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti blames 'external forces' for Kashmir unrest
"The underlying problem was that the match had already been lit, but the meth just made it more extensive", Schroeder said.
- GOP facing White House pressure to pass new healthcare bill
- Rajon Rondo reportedly signs with Pelicans
- Redrow plc (LON:RDW) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Twitter goes berserk as Mithali Raj scores sixth ODI century
- First Female Fields Medal Winner, Maryam Mirzakhani, Dies at Age 40
- Watch EVO 2017 Live-Streams Right Here
- Manchester United 'were interested' in Real Madrid's Morata before completing Lukaku deal
- Salman sings 'Happy Birthday' for Katrina in NY
- De Mistura: Direct Syrian Talks in Upcoming Rounds
- Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final