There has been speculation that United could offer Ibrahimovic a new contract if the 35-year-old proves his fitness as he completes his rehabilitation at Carrington. "We are speaking and changing ideas".
The Red Devils are also reported to be circling Chelsea's Nemanja Matic and Tottenham's Eric Dier as they aim to recruit a top-class defensive midfielder. "But we need one more to give us more options". We have players that belong to the squad, but they can not play football for the next three, four months: Marcos Rojo, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, if Zlatan stays.
"At least one, but I don't want to say Matic or any other name, because I don't think it's correct to do it". "Everything is so hard".More news: Billboard's Top Money Makers
The club are on their pre-season tour of America while the striker remains in England, but United boss Mourinho has since shed light on Ibrahimovic's current situation.
"Yes, we have had interest, that is obvious and it's public", Mourinho said.
"We have not come to an economic agreement, that is obvious as well".
"Sometimes when you spend £75m, you get the finished article but I think with both Paul Pogba and Lukaku, United haven't bought the finished article".More news: Chiefs will likely face Ezekiel Elliot despite rumored suspension
A deal to bring Ibrahimovic to California is, however, fraught with problems, as Galaxy have already filled their the "designated player" berths in their squad for the 2017 season.
In terms of where his future lies, the Los Angeles Times claims to have the scoop, saying that Ibrahimovic is set to sign a record breaking deal with the L.A. Galaxy. "There will be a very big announcement soon, it will be huge", the former Manchester United striker said. He is open. We wanted to be honest and open and give everything for him to make a decision, in case his desire was to leave.
"It would be easy for him to hide behind it and to say "it's time stop and go to a different level of football". So he wants to challenge himself and keep playing still at the highest level.
Now recuperating from a serious knee injury, there has also been talk that Manchester United could offer him a new deal if he can recover in time for January.More news: India snubs China on Kashmir; Says ready to talk to Pak
- Body of missing Pennsylvania man found near other human remains, suspect confesses
- You can get a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts Friday for 80 cents
- Turkish police detain producer of Erdogan film over Gulen links
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza crashes out, Bopanna advances to mixed doubles quarters
- Roku to File for IPO This Year
- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE:ATW) Stake Boosted by Arizona State Retirement System
- India snubs China 'offer' on Kashmir
- Florida county issues 'no homework' policy for elementary schools
- Nawaz Sharif dismisses graft report; terms it as slander
- Kid Rock confirms he is running for US Senate