The Swedish striker, who scored 28 goals for the Red Devils before he suffered ligament damage to his right knee playing in the Europa League in April, was released when his one-year contract expired at the end of June.
"It's possible, it's open", Mourinho said.
The former Sweden worldwide is a free agent after Manchester United released the 35-year-old striker at the end of his one-year contract.More news: Bastille Day: Macron thanks US for WWI support
Mourinho is adamant that he will not close the door on Ibrahimovic, partly because he is struggling to add new faces to his squad and believes the...
However, Ibrahimovic is being aggressively pursued by LA Galaxy, who wanted him when he left PSG past year, and are prepared to make him the highest paid player in the MLS.
Ibrahimovic has been linked with a move to Major League Soccer, Mourinho said the forward had indicated he wanted to continue to play at "the highest level". Mourinho said. "We are changing ideas and it's with (United executive vice-chairman) Ed Woodward and Zlatan's agent but the final decision is the best for the player".
"Obviously we leave the door open for him to recover with us".More news: No survivors in small plane crash near Marineland, rescuers say
Ibrahimovic is using United's AON Training Complex facilities as he recovers from his knee injury. We want four so it's 50 per cent of the job done. He was not happy with the way he finished the season, of course with his first European trophy, but not playing.
LA Galaxy manager Curt Onalfo did admit the "DNA of the Galaxy is to attract world-class players, so we are always looking for one" so Ibrahimovic would certainly fit the profile of the transfers they need to make.
"At the same time, let's make a decision that makes us all happy and if that decision is for him to stay and for us to wait, let's say until December maybe because I don't think before December he can be back to competitive football".More news: Nice attack: Prosecutor calls for ban on Paris Match photos
- DNA Double Feature: Scientists Replay Movie Stored in Molecules
- OR kicks WR Darren Carrington off team following DUI arrest
- CBI to investigate extra-judicial killings under AFSPA in Manipur
- ISIS Threatens Bastille Day Attack With Photo of Trump in Paris
- Hanged man was 'dark web mastermind'
- Patrick Rodgers shoots 64, leads by two at the John Deere Classic
- Fire in Honolulu apartment block kills three
- Ryan Lochte cleared of false-report charge after 'robbery' at Rio Olympics
- Gayle, big players could be back in Windies fold
- The Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is Chesley Taft & Associates LLC's 5th Largest Position