Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti met home minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday to discuss the law and order situation in the state and the recent attack on Amarnath pilgrims. External forces are meddling into this.
The statement, made by her while speaking to mediapersons after meeting Union home minister Rajnath Singh here, is being seen as a comment on Beijing's close ties with Islamabad and its repeated blocking of India's efforts at multilateral forums to get a global ban placed on Pakistan-based terrorists like Jaish e Mohammed chief Maulana Masood Azhar. "We need backing of the whole country and all political parties to emerge victorious", Mehbooba said.More news: Watch Trump Suffer a Daft Punk Medley for Bastille Day
The meeting, which lasted for about 30 minutes, comes after the latest terror attack on the Amarnath pilgrims on July 10 in which seven people were killed. The bus was carrying pilgrims back from Baltal after the yatra. She accused China of interfering in the state's security situation that has faced heightened terrorist activity and violent protests long-believed to be sponsored by Pakistan. "Unfortunately, even China is now interfering", the J&K CM further added.
Mehbooba Mufti said that she will also meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and discuss the present situation in the Kashmir valley.More news: Bakayoko On His Way To Stamford Bridge - £40m Fee Agreed!
Mufti's meeting with the home minister in the national capital in the wake of the attack on Amarnath pilgrims on July 10, in which seven persons died, lasted for nearly an hour after it commenced at 11.30am.
Sources had said that Congress leaders raised three specific questions on whether the vehicle that came under attack was registered, why was journey allowed after stipulated time and why the pilgrims were not registered. The Kashmir civil society also condemned the incident terming it as an attack on "Kashmiriyat".More news: Defying Trump, Jerry Brown to showcase American climate change efforts
- Afghan girls fly to USA for robotics fair
- De Mistura: Direct Syrian Talks in Upcoming Rounds
- DA to give update in Cosmo DiNardo missing men case
- Police Search For Clues In Death Of 11-Year-Old Keansburg Girl
- Nevada OKs regulation to fix recreational marijuana shortage
- Watch EVO 2017 Live-Streams Right Here
- Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
- Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
- Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires
- Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final