In a related development, the immediate past national organizing secretary, under Sheriff's terminated leadership, Okey Nnadozie, has pledged loyalty to Makarfi's leadership, describing the Supreme Court judgment as victory for the party.
The opposition party further warned that while it would overlook the sins committed by those set of people, it will wield the big stick on anyone who participates in fresh plot against it.
For the avoidance of doubt, Sen Ali Modu Sheriff does not have or own a Twitter account and could not have tweeted any message.More news: Sudan's Bashir 'suspends sanctions talks with US'
The former party Chairman has also reportedly vacated the national secretariat of the party, which he had occupied since February after the Appeal Court judgment that recognized him as chairman.
Reacting to the court judgement on Thursday, spokesperson for the Sheriff camp, Bernard Mikko, in a statement, said: "We received with shock July 12 judgement of the Supreme Court on the leadership of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)".
The party urged its members to come together and defeat their common enemy which they say is the APC, in the upcoming 2019 presidential polls.More news: China intruded territory in Doklam, says Centre; Oppn promises support
"No, we won't punish anyone for what had happened in the past".
According to Makarfi, the party will throw its doors open to all members that opposed his leadership and worked against the collective interest of the party.
While welcoming the party dignitaries, the party Chairman in Ibadan North East, Alhaji Musa Babajide commended all and sundry for believing in the PDP as a "truly people's friendly party" that would take the state to its place of enviable height among other states in Nigeria. We will provide the alternative platform.More news: Bastille Day: Macron thanks US for WWI support
"Our hands are extended to all those on the other side; we will grant general amnesty to everybody; we have declared no victor, no vanquished".
- DNA Double Feature: Scientists Replay Movie Stored in Molecules
- NASCAR at New Hampshire 2017 Qualifying Results: Kyle Larson Takes Pole
- Marcel Kittel wins his fifth stage of the Tour de France
- US House passes $695.9 billion national defense bill
- The Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) is Chesley Taft & Associates LLC's 5th Largest Position
- Caitlyn Jenner calls Rob Kardashian 'stupid' following Blac Chyna revenge porn
- Threat of severe thunderstorm has passed in Waterloo region
- No survivors in small plane crash near Marineland, rescuers say
- ISIS Threatens Bastille Day Attack With Photo of Trump in Paris
- NZ dollar heading to a weekly 0.8% decline, eyes on US