The Ada County Mosquito Abatement District says it's the first positive test for the virus in Ada County this year.
"In an abundance of caution, we are working with the DeKalb County Board of Health and redoubling our efforts to minimize any exposure to the West Nile virus in Brookhaven", City Manager Christian Sigman said in a news release.
The bird, an American crow, was discovered by a resident in East Santa Cruz near Soquel Avenue and Morrissey Boulevard.More news: 3D printing helps ETH Zurich scientists create beating silicone heart
In Grey Bruce, the presence of the mosquito that can carry West Nile virus was confirmed in the Blue Mountains area as the result of an investigation into standing water. Horses should be vaccinated, according to county officials. Travelers are often advised to take vaccinations and precautions when traveling.
The virus' symptoms can appear 13 to 14 days after an infection, and initial symptoms include fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle aches, weakness or rash, but most people don't exhibit any symptoms, according to the release.
The positive trap was in the Johnstown, Milliken and Platteville area, said Eric Aakko, Weld County Department of Health and Environment spokesman.More news: Askew-Henry makes another watch list
However, no human cases have been reported at this time, the report said.
Two sentinel chicken flocks will be monitored to detect for the presence of the virus in the county.
People are advised to wear bug spray or long sleeves and trousers, while also removing any standing water from their property.More news: US Drone Strike Obliterates Islamic State's Afghan Leader
Vector control staff can provide free mosquito-eating fish for water features in the yard and un-maintained pools.
- Jonny Bairstow: Even-stevens after opening day at Trent Bridge
- Yankees' Pineda Has Partial UCL Tear, May Need Tommy John Surgery
- Caitlyn Jenner calls Rob Kardashian 'stupid' following Blac Chyna revenge porn
- Former Russian Spy Attended Trump Jr. Meeting
- Marcel Kittel wins his fifth stage of the Tour de France
- DNA Double Feature: Scientists Replay Movie Stored in Molecules
- 4.2 magnitude natural disaster jolts Oklahomans
- Carrie Fisher Honored As Disney Legend At D23
- Vikings Floyd suspended first 4 games
- Man said he killed, burned 4 after drug deals