"Obviously we had that little drought in the middle of the season, hopefully we've already seen what we can improve on", added Iwobi.
Wenger also explained why Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey were not involved in Sydney, saying: "Laurent is suspended for the first two games (of the season), so I didn't take a gamble". They would have scored far more goals had it not been for a fine display from Sydney keeper Andrew Redmayne, an Arsenal fan who once had a trial at the Emirates. I want to start the season with a bang.
"As I was about to play my first match (for Nigeria) Roy Hodgson was in contact with Arsenal saying they'd like me to get involved with the under-21s but my mind was made up".More news: Women's WC: New Zealand win toss, put India to bat
"I believe that some of the players I've had in my career have turned it on at 18 years of age and when they move on the pitch it's natural for them to be there".
Arsene Wenger is tipping Danny Welbeck to have a great season for Arsenal next term.
While this match is a friendly, to use an old cliche there are no friendly matches in football.More news: Defying Trump, Jerry Brown to showcase American climate change efforts
Arsenal's other summer signing was deployed as one of Wenger's three centre-backs, a slight surprise given that Kolasinac is expected to play mainly as a left-back or wing-back. Well, I know the Wanderers will.
After the Sky Blues put up a decent showing against Arsenal on Thursday night, Western Sydney get a crack at the Premier League giants at ANZ Stadium tonight (Sat).More news: Williams - Muguruza, the expected final
- These pictures show how sure Morata was of joining Man United
- Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
- Greystones man dons skirt to join women's doubles match at Wimbledon
- Nevada OKs regulation to fix recreational marijuana shortage
- Authorities: Pot dealer says he killed 4 men
- No bail for Dileep; actor sent back to Aluva sub-jail
- GOP facing White House pressure to pass new healthcare bill
- Deepika Padukone gets body shamed on Instagram for looking "too skinny"
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data
- Trump to French first lady: 'You're in such good shape'