"Obviously we had that little drought in the middle of the season, hopefully we've already seen what we can improve on", added Iwobi.
Wenger also explained why Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey were not involved in Sydney, saying: "Laurent is suspended for the first two games (of the season), so I didn't take a gamble". They would have scored far more goals had it not been for a fine display from Sydney keeper Andrew Redmayne, an Arsenal fan who once had a trial at the Emirates. I want to start the season with a bang.
"As I was about to play my first match (for Nigeria) Roy Hodgson was in contact with Arsenal saying they'd like me to get involved with the under-21s but my mind was made up".More news: Deepika Padukone gets body shamed on Instagram for looking "too skinny"
"I believe that some of the players I've had in my career have turned it on at 18 years of age and when they move on the pitch it's natural for them to be there".
Arsene Wenger is tipping Danny Welbeck to have a great season for Arsenal next term.
While this match is a friendly, to use an old cliche there are no friendly matches in football.More news: Windy Forecast For Cariboo Wildfires
Arsenal's other summer signing was deployed as one of Wenger's three centre-backs, a slight surprise given that Kolasinac is expected to play mainly as a left-back or wing-back. Well, I know the Wanderers will.
After the Sky Blues put up a decent showing against Arsenal on Thursday night, Western Sydney get a crack at the Premier League giants at ANZ Stadium tonight (Sat).More news: Women's WC: New Zealand win toss, put India to bat
- Redrow plc (LON:RDW) has analysts on the Bullish side this week
- Wachi legislator's official driver detained by police
- Klopp takes a vow of silence over Liverpool's top targets
- Authorities: Pot dealer says he killed 4 men
- Liverpool join Chelsea in race to sign Gabonese striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final
- Garbine Muguruza vs. Venus Williams - player profiles
- Watch EVO 2017 Live-Streams Right Here
- GOP facing White House pressure to pass new healthcare bill
- Dollar, bond yields dip amid benign U.S. inflation data