The Russian government has denied any knowledge that such a meeting ever took place.
Trump Jr. said he invited the other two Americans, was asked to attend by an acquaintance not named in the statement, and was not told beforehand with whom he would meet.
Krauthammer, a Fox News contributor, wrote that he has always been a skeptic of charges of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, but that he was "open to empirical evidence".
Tim Cook CEO of Apple attends the Allen & Company Sun Valley Conference USA- 12 Jul 2017
The NBC report describes the man as a "Russian-born American lobbyist [who] served in the Soviet military and emigrated to the USA, where he holds dual citizenship".
Trump twice asked Putin whether Russian Federation tried to hack the election during the meeting and was reportedly appeared satisfied with Putin's denial. In fact, Trump Jr. even released his exchange of emails with Rob Goldstone, who reportedly helped in setting up his meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya in Manhattan on June 9, 2016.
News, which did not identify the Russian-American lobbyist, said some USA officials suspected him of having ongoing ties to Russian intelligence, something he denied to the network. "He said, 'Absolutely not".
Accusations that Moscow meddled in the election and colluded with the Trump campaign have dominated Trump's first months in office.More news: Jazz sign former Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko
President Trump and Trump Jr. have said there was nothing improper about the meeting.
"The revelation that the Trump Campaign eagerly meant to possibly collude with Russian Federation is deeply disturbing", Democratic House minority leader Nancy Pelosi tweeted Thursday.More news: Shiny Tapu Koko is Available Now for Pokemon Sun and Moon Players
"My son is a wonderful young man".
The Judiciary Committee is one of several congressional panels investigating Russian meddling in the USA election, along with Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
According to tweets published by Trump Jr. earlier this week, Goldstone sent him an email pointing to "a Russian government attorney" as the source of potential information that could damage Clinton.More news: India snubs China 'offer' on Kashmir
- Nawaz Sharif dismisses graft report; terms it as slander
- India snubs China on Kashmir; Says ready to talk to Pak
- Chiefs will likely face Ezekiel Elliot despite rumored suspension
- Body of missing Pennsylvania man found near other human remains, suspect confesses
- Jose Mourinho: 'Zlatan Ibrahimovic could sign new Manchester United deal'
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza crashes out, Bopanna advances to mixed doubles quarters
- Lynda Carter open to being in 'Wonder Woman' sequel
- You can get a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts Friday for 80 cents
- Roku to File for IPO This Year
- Kid Rock confirms he is running for US Senate