The 22-year-old will now undergo a full medical on Friday, with the move having previously been partly delayed by the French worldwide having to go through routine keyhole surgery on his knee at the end of Monaco's Ligue 1 title win.
RMC says the midfielder will complete his medical this Friday ahead of completing his switch.More news: DA to give update in Cosmo DiNardo missing men case
The deal was slightly delayed because Bakayoko had undergone a surgery for a knee injury towards the end of last season but the move is definitely on now.
Just as the long and winding Tiemoue Bakayoko summer transfer saga seemed to be finishing up, it took yet another turn.
Mourinho is in the market for a long-term replacement for Michael Carrick and the "Special One" is looking to sign Matic for the second time after being the man to lure the midfielder back to Chelsea in 2014.
After weeks of speculation about the transfer, news that the 22-year-old is Stamford Bridge-bound hardly comes as a surprise - especially not to numerous Manchester United supporters that saw the Mail's tweet about it on Thursday.More news: Kashmir: At least three militants killed in ongoing Pulwama encounter
However, Chelsea are not keen to sell him to the original suitors Manchester United, as relations between the two rivals have cooled considerably since the Lukaku affair.
He has also been busy liking tweets linking him with a move to the Premier League champions.
Belotti's price tag may scupper any deal for the young Italian but Alvaro Morata could easily become a Stamford Bridge favourite over the next few years. And Blues fans won't have been amused to read about Mourinho gloating over his capture of Lukaku in the Evening Standard with their former manager saying "it's only natural that he wants to develop his career at the biggest club".
The Blues have started pre-season training back at their Surrey base, with the squad set to embark on their tour of the Far East next week, which will include a game against Arsenal in Beijing on July 22.More news: Former Senator Scott Ludlam's whistlebower has come forward
- Afghan girls fly to USA for robotics fair
- Klopp takes a vow of silence over Liverpool's top targets
- De Mistura: Direct Syrian Talks in Upcoming Rounds
- Facebook's built-in camera does GIFs now
- Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final
- Liverpool join Chelsea in race to sign Gabonese striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Defying Trump, Jerry Brown to showcase American climate change efforts
- Kucinich: Trump Jr. Meeting Is a 'Bunch of Nothing'
- Women's WC: New Zealand win toss, put India to bat
- Williams - Muguruza, the expected final