A good deal of that success comes down to what both Andy Serkis and Matt Reeves have achieved as star and director, and War For The Planet Of The Apes is the ideal show-case for both of them, tying up Caesar's arc as the messiah-like ape leader and allowing Reeves the space to tell a brutally compelling, politically pertinent story. Serkis has played the character from the beginning thanks to the motion capture technology that he's has been helping to flawless with his company, The Imaginarium. Zahn says that his performance goes beyond the special effects that transform him into his simian onscreen counterpart.
Fox 4's Shawn Edwards chats with the stars of "War for the Planet of the Apes, " actress Amiah Miller and actor Steve Zahn.More news: Ex-astronaut to represent the queen in Canada
Remember: Motion Capture Boot Camp is really just Acting Boot Camp ... but in a grey suit.
Though much of this connection can be attributed to the actors - and CGI wizards - who give life to these nonhuman characters, kudos is also due to the storytelling skills of director and co-writer Matt Reeves ("Let Me In"), who did such a fine job with the previous "Apes" film. Even if you haven't seen the other films in this series, "War for the Planet of the Apes" can stand alone. This time, all hell breaks loose. The magic of performance-capture animation transformed Andy Serkis into an alpha primate that seemed so real.More news: Airbnb Host Who Canceled Reservation Using Racist Comment Must Pay $5000
"And so Caesar goes off on a full-bore journey of hatred and revenge, which is very out of...his character".More news: Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) Stake Boosted by Sigma Planning Corp
- Global HMD is preparing to release a new Nokia
- Samsung Might Have Leaked the Galaxy Note 8 on Twitter
- Police arrest teen in London over acid-attacks
- Snap Shares Draw Bullish Options Bets After Slipping Below IPO Price
- Video Shows Mosul Civilians Trapped in a Fight Clearly Not Over
- Shark attacks kayak in Santa Cruz, leaving boater uninjured
- Prayers cancelled after Jerusalem attack
- Venus Williams defies age, into Wimbledon final for 9th time
- Giroud a Gunner 'at the moment' amid exit talk
- Beyonce posts photos of newborn twins