Putin said that Russian Federation would not respond in kind, suggesting that he expected a different relationship with the Trump administration.
"If the United States partners do not understand differently, we will at some point have to act in this direction", Zakharova said at a weekly briefing, noting that a "long pause" on the issue has "dragged on". "Half a year has passed, and we don't see any concrete steps".
Russia will next week take a decision about if and how it will retaliate against the United States over the seizure of its diplomatic compounds on US soil, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Friday.
She said Moscow's course of action would depend on the outcome of a meeting in Washington on July 17 between Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov and U.S. Undersecretary of State Thomas Shannon.More news: 80 percent of Windows phones just lost support
Russia's Permanent Mission to the United Nations in NY.
"Washington not only did not rescind the decision to expel our employees, but also refuses to issue visas to those who must travel as replacements", Zakharova said.
Russia said yesterday that too many American spies operated in Moscow under diplomatic cover and said it might expel some of them to retaliate against the United States over Washington's expulsion of 35 Russian diplomats a year ago. "Moreover, there are too many C.I.A. operatives living under the roof of the American diplomatic mission".
Mr. Putin has not finalized any retaliatory measures as of Friday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to Reuters.More news: Lynda Carter open to being in 'Wonder Woman' sequel
Russian authorities repeatedly urged the United States to restore access to Russian diplomatic property.
In addition to its embassy, the United States has a warehouse in Moscow and a recreational compound in a wooded picnic area on a Moscow river island.
"The seized compounds have not been returned yet", Ms. Zakharova said, as translated by TASS, a state-owned newswire.More news: British couple knocked unconscious while practicing 'Dirty Dancing' wedding routine
- Ex-Soviet Military Officer Joined Trump Jr.'s Meeting With Russian Lawyer
- India snubs China on Kashmir; Says ready to talk to Pak
- Kid Rock confirms he is running for US Senate
- Juventus join chase for Nemanja Matic
- Doctor Who: The 13th Doctor Will be Revealed this Sunday!
- Morrison teen charged with first-degree murder in connection with slain family member
- India snubs China 'offer' on Kashmir
- Reliance Jio 4G phone photos leaked, reveals its design and features
- Ex-congressional staffers indicted for posting House member's nude video
- Kylian Mbappe: 'I am unsure of AS Monaco future'