However, Ervine (151*) held the one end solidly and knitted crucial partnerships with Sikander Raza (36) and Malcolm Waller (36) to pull his team out of hot waters.
Ervine, who surpassed his previous Test best of 146 against New Zealand in Bulawayo past year, built crucial partnerships including a 84-run fifth-wicket stand with Sikandar Raza (36).
Ervine, whose surpassed his career-best score of 146, finished on 151 off 238 balls, which included 13 boundaries and a six, while Tiripano remained undefeated on 24 off 45 deliveries, which included four boundaries.More news: Avan Jogia From "Victorious" Might Play "Aladdin" In Disney's Live Action Remake
"At the start, the wicket was a little bit damp". "We want to regroup and restructure and move forward". Other than that we have done really well. The duo put together 26 runs to try and steady Zimbabwe.
Zimbabwe goes into the match confident after securing its first one-day global series win over Sri Lanka.
Herath sent back openers Regis Chakabva for 12 and Hamilton Masakadza for 19 to rattle the Zimbabwe top-order at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo. Zimbabwe, who will be playing their first Test in Lanka since 2002, could grant a debut to batsman Tarisai Musakanda.More news: Kansas State Football Player Comes Out As Gay
Asela Gunaratne scalped two wickets while Lahiru Kumara and Dilruwan Perera picked a wicket each.
Sri Lankan cricket captain Angelo Mathews has stepped down amid intense criticism over his side s series defeat to bottom-ranked Zimbabwe on home soil, an official said Wednesday.
"It was a really good knock and he batted well".More news: AAP to back Meira Kumar in Presidential battle
- Tiemoue Bakayoko set for Chelsea medicals
- Six tourists wounded in Egypt beach resort stabbing
- Dow hits record as Fed signals gradual rate hikes
- China trading more with North Korea but buying less coal
- Lewis Hamilton: I don't dodge my fans
- Red Sox Promote Devers To Pawtucket
- Raiders to pay $378 million relocation fee
- North Korea provocations hurt China-South Korea ties
- Timberwolves' Dieng to play in NBA Africa exhibition
- Grassley to call former Trump campaign chairman before Senate committee