Last week rumor revealed that Jio would launch a feature device worth Rs 500 at its annual general meeting on July 21, but the company hasn't confirmed anything about it yet.
Like all feature phones, Jio's latest will also have an alphanumeric keyboard below the screen. However, earlier rumours were rife that Jio is launching a phone for Rs. 500. The report fails to mention the processor on board, but since this is a low-priced 4G phone, chances are that it may use an entry-level Snapdragon 205 SoC, which Qualcomm developed for use on cheap 4G VoLTE phones. Armed with a textured back, the phone may have 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage.More news: Scattered showers, thunderstorms over Topeka shut down Fiesta Mexicana Thursday
For a feature phone, the apps may have some limited functions but the details are yet to emerge. If Reliance releases this phone soon, then it will help lots of people using single SIM smartphones. The phone also comes with a voice assistant. Further, the leaked reports reveal nearly the complete specs and pricing details of Jio's feature phone. Also, the live images show that the featured phone consists a dedicated Torchlight, and next to which are the menu and back keys with buttons for receiving and cutting calls.
The feature phone will come with 4G VoLTE support and will support only Reliance Jio SIM, which probably can be one disadvantage for the company. When it comes to operating system of the phone the source website points out that it runs Kai OS which is a forked version of HTML5 based Firefox OS. The new phone may have Bluetooth 4.1 and USB tethering as well, the report added as well as Global Positioning System.More news: Ken Jensen: Trump Jr. talked about orphans? How about Russian murderers, too
Along with bundled data and unlimited voice calls Jio phone may have the option for video calling as well. With the launch looking imminent, specifications and images of the phone have made their way into the internet. There are few reports too which says that the Reliance Jio 4G phone will come up with a price of Rs.500.
The phone will totally disrupt the Indian mobile market since phones with similar features are available only above the price range of Rs. 3000. Let's wait for some more days to know about the mid-range phone officially, in detail.More news: 80 percent of Windows phones just lost support
- Ex-Soviet Military Officer Joined Trump Jr.'s Meeting With Russian Lawyer
- Raiders to pay $378 million relocation fee
- British couple knocked unconscious while practicing 'Dirty Dancing' wedding routine
- Kansas State Football Player Comes Out As Gay
- North Korea provocations hurt China-South Korea ties
- AL GOP Sen. Luther Strange Says Donald Trump is a "Biblical Miracle"
- Avan Jogia From "Victorious" Might Play "Aladdin" In Disney's Live Action Remake
- Lawyer: Wife led police to suspect's remains in cop killing
- FDO Partners LLC Invests $1.99 Million in Time Warner Inc. (TWX)
- After 4 young Pennsylvania men disappear, DA suspects foul play