"Am I open to it?"
"Wonder Woman" has been a decided hit at the box office, and fans are already looking ahead to the seemingly inevitable sequel.
Lynda nearly made it into director Patty Jenkins' first movie but in the end it didn't work out. Absolutely. I ADORE Patty Jenkins, and it'll be wonderful to do.More news: Cilic soars into his first Wimbledon final
Wonder Woman has held on better than any other superhero movie during its initial six-week run, dropping an average of less than 35% from one week to the next. Carter, who's now appearing in the CW's Supergirl as President Olivia Marsdin, discussed her possible appearance in Warner Bros.'s Wonder Woman franchise in an interview with People.
"'Wonder Woman' is also a vehicle of female empowerment, something we don't regularly see in the superhero genre, and that has made it a very unique property this summer".
In a new interview with People, Carter reveals they were trying to work her into the first film but it couldn't work due to the timing. While discussing the possible big screen appearance, 65-year old Carter also discussed her love for Patty Jenkins, and the real reason she wasn't in the first big screen adaptation of Wonder Woman. "It's so much more than some comic book character, because we identify with it", she said.More news: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC) Shares Bought by Loomis Sayles & Co. LP
Before it was released, Lynda - who now plays President Olivia Marsdin on CW's "Supergirl" - admitted she was intrigued to see what Gal and Patty would do with the character once the torch had been passed on.
Carter also spoke about how delighted she was with Jenkins' direction: "She knows who this character is". It's unbelievable that it took this long to get Wonder Woman on the big screen, but now was the flawless time to introduce the superhero.
"It feels like Wonder Woman will play all the way through August", Jeff Goldstein, president of domestic distribution for Time Warner Inc (NYSE: TWX), told the trade journal. Because that's who we are.More news: Kylian Mbappe: 'I am unsure of AS Monaco future'
- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE:ATW) Stake Boosted by Arizona State Retirement System
- Roku to File for IPO This Year
- Doctor Who: The 13th Doctor Will be Revealed this Sunday!
- Ken Jensen: Trump Jr. talked about orphans? How about Russian murderers, too
- Why Quentin Tarantino's Manson movie could hit a roadblock
- Morrison teen charged with first-degree murder in connection with slain family member
- 80 percent of Windows phones just lost support
- Juventus join chase for Nemanja Matic
- FDO Partners LLC Invests $1.99 Million in Time Warner Inc. (TWX)
- Raiders to pay $378 million relocation fee