The news of Kid Rock's potential Senate candidacy has raised several questions: Would he be sworn in under his stage name? The email links to a website which splits money raised between Warren, who is also running for re-election in 2018, and Michigan's incumbent Democratic senator and would-be Kid Rock opponent Debbie Stabenow.
"I have had a ton of emails and texts asking me if this website is real... kidrockforsenate.com", he wrote.
"I've got 15 days from my announcement to file paperwork with the FEC (Federal Election Commission)!" he began in the blog post. Records at the bottom of the merchandise page.More news: Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test, Colombo
Kid Rock had been floated by some conservative activists in MI as a possible candidate. Theories that it might simply be part of a new PR campaign followed, but he insisted that the site was "real" on Wednesday.
As Deadline Detroit pointed out on Thursday, "The label apparently is flogging his next album...by using the political process as a plaything".
He might debut some new music, and that date could also mark the grand opening of Kid Rock's restaurant if (as Crain's suspects) it were located at the arena - fittingly low-brow for somebody who not only loves eating at places such as Waffle House, but also fighting inside them.More news: Morrison teen charged with first-degree murder in connection with slain family member
MA senator Elizabeth Warren commented on a potential Kid Rock senatorial run in 2018, warning that while the rocker's political aspirations might just be a means to promote new music, it would unwise to dismiss Rock entirely.
As we previously reported, the All Summer Long artist announced his intention to run for one of Michigan's U.S. Senate seats on Wednesday. And why not? After all, this is how democracy works.
The profanity-laced songs "Greatest Show on Earth" (which you can listen to above) and "Po-Dunk" (attached below) popped up with videos, even as Kid Rock announced via Instagram that he'd "recently worked out a unique deal with BMG, Broken Bow, CAA and Live Nation to release music ON MY TERMS".More news: Doctor Who: The 13th Doctor Will be Revealed this Sunday!
"Like politicians write books during their campaigns, I'm planning on putting out music during mine", Kid Rock added via Instagram overnight. Media skepticism about his political plans prompted a fiery response Thursday from the 46-year-old Romeo native, as he hyped his upcoming music and declared it to be "strategy and marketing 101!"
- Cilic soars into his first Wimbledon final
- Avan Jogia From "Victorious" Might Play "Aladdin" In Disney's Live Action Remake
- AAP to back Meira Kumar in Presidential battle
- 80 percent of Windows phones just lost support
- North Korea provocations hurt China-South Korea ties
- Lawyer: Wife led police to suspect's remains in cop killing
- Ex-congressional staffers indicted for posting House member's nude video
- British couple knocked unconscious while practicing 'Dirty Dancing' wedding routine
- AL GOP Sen. Luther Strange Says Donald Trump is a "Biblical Miracle"
- Presidential poll: Naveen rules out possibilities of cross voting by BJD leaders