Grassley is also vowing to get Manafort to testify and said he is cooperating with Feinstein to question Trump's former campaign manager.
Manafort discovered a meeting of the Senate and the House intelligence committee, which looked at possible coordination between the Russian and the Trump campaign, for example, Robert Mueller, a former director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, who was named Special Advisor to the Department of Justice.
The invitation to Trump Jr. comes a day after Grassley said the committee wants to hear from Paul Manafort, who ran Trump's presidential campaign for a time.More news: Red Sox Promote Devers To Pawtucket
It was the Obama Justice Department that cleared the way for the Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr.to enter the USA despite being denied a visa previously.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, a Republican, planned to send a letter on Thursday to the younger Trump to ask him to appear before his committee in a public session, CNN reported.
"It's called opposition research or even research into your opponent". The conversations took place months before Trump launched his presidential run.
Meanwhile, U.S. citizen groups filed a complaint against Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort on July 13 with the U.S. agency that oversees elections, arguing that the three violated the law by meeting with the Russian.More news: Kansas State Football Player Comes Out As Gay
Pence was named Trump's running mate in the middle of July 2016, several weeks after the meeting involving the president's son. He said he will leave that to Robert Muller, the special counsel investigating the president's campaign ties to Russian Federation.
According to another report by The New York Times, Kushner, has "tried and failed" to get a $500 million loan from a key member of the Qatari royal family before pushing the president to toe hard line against the Persian Gulf nation.
What's more likely is that Trump has known about the emails at least as long as his lawyers have, or he knew about his son's secret meeting from the beginning.More news: North Korea provocations hurt China-South Korea ties
- Doctor Who: The 13th Doctor Will be Revealed this Sunday!
- Avan Jogia From "Victorious" Might Play "Aladdin" In Disney's Live Action Remake
- Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test, Colombo
- President Carter returns to Winnipeg's Habitat build
- Cilic soars into his first Wimbledon final
- Timberwolves' Dieng to play in NBA Africa exhibition
- FDO Partners LLC Invests $1.99 Million in Time Warner Inc. (TWX)
- Trump administration mulling on returning seized Russian diplomatic compounds, says White House
- Vettel says Shield made him "dizzy" in test run
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC) Shares Bought by Loomis Sayles & Co. LP