Per reports of ESPN'S Adam Schefter, Dallas Cowboys running back sensation Ezekiel Elliot could be the recipient of a "short suspension" as he is the subject of an ongoing investigation from his 2016 domestic violence allegation.
Though this isn't indicative of what will occur, the Cowboys are reportedly "not aware" of any Ezekiel Elliott suspension coming.
But lowering his social profile will not guarantee that Elliott is shielded from punishment. From there, if the National Football League were to suspend Elliott he'd have the option of appealing the decision. She was identified as his girlfriend.More news: Lynda Carter open to being in 'Wonder Woman' sequel
"After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the (five) alleged incidents", the City Attorney's Office wrote in a release at the time.
The Dallas Cowboys are rumored to be losing Ezekiel Elliott for the start of the 2017 National Football League season, and the team could be sent looking for help in the backfield during his absence.More news: Lawyer: Wife led police to suspect's remains in cop killing
Four witnesses said they didn't see an assault take place, and the running back did not face charges due to "conflicting and inconsistent information", according to ESPN.com's Jean-Jacques Taylor.
"I would rather it not drag on this long", Elliott said recently. She alleged Elliott attacked her while they were in a vehicle. He visited a legal marijuana dispensary before a preseason game previous year and was caught pulling down a woman's top at a St. Patrick's Day Parade (consensually, apparently).More news: After 4 young Pennsylvania men disappear, DA suspects foul play
- Atwood Oceanics, Inc. (NYSE:ATW) Stake Boosted by Arizona State Retirement System
- Garbine Muguruza vs Magdalena Rybarikova: Wimbledon 2017 semi-final preview and prediction
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza crashes out, Bopanna advances to mixed doubles quarters
- Liverpool consider Lazio's £5m offer for midfielder Lucas Leiva
- GOP operative who hunted for Hillary Clinton's emails killed himself
- Jazz sign former Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko
- Ex-Soviet Military Officer Joined Trump Jr.'s Meeting With Russian Lawyer
- Doctor Who: The 13th Doctor Will be Revealed this Sunday!
- Juventus join chase for Nemanja Matic
- Kid Rock confirms he is running for US Senate