Per reports of ESPN'S Adam Schefter, Dallas Cowboys running back sensation Ezekiel Elliot could be the recipient of a "short suspension" as he is the subject of an ongoing investigation from his 2016 domestic violence allegation.
Though this isn't indicative of what will occur, the Cowboys are reportedly "not aware" of any Ezekiel Elliott suspension coming.
But lowering his social profile will not guarantee that Elliott is shielded from punishment. From there, if the National Football League were to suspend Elliott he'd have the option of appealing the decision. She was identified as his girlfriend.More news: Lawyer: Wife led police to suspect's remains in cop killing
"After reviewing the totality of the evidence, the City Attorney's Office, Prosecutor Division is declining to approve criminal charges in this matter for any of the (five) alleged incidents", the City Attorney's Office wrote in a release at the time.
The Dallas Cowboys are rumored to be losing Ezekiel Elliott for the start of the 2017 National Football League season, and the team could be sent looking for help in the backfield during his absence.More news: Liverpool consider Lazio's £5m offer for midfielder Lucas Leiva
Four witnesses said they didn't see an assault take place, and the running back did not face charges due to "conflicting and inconsistent information", according to ESPN.com's Jean-Jacques Taylor.
"I would rather it not drag on this long", Elliott said recently. She alleged Elliott attacked her while they were in a vehicle. He visited a legal marijuana dispensary before a preseason game previous year and was caught pulling down a woman's top at a St. Patrick's Day Parade (consensually, apparently).More news: GOP operative who hunted for Hillary Clinton's emails killed himself
- Morrison teen charged with first-degree murder in connection with slain family member
- Lynda Carter open to being in 'Wonder Woman' sequel
- Korea's Foreign Currency Deposits in June Reach Record Low
- U.S. denies visas to Russian replacements for expelled diplomats - Moscow
- Florida county issues 'no homework' policy for elementary schools
- Body of missing Pennsylvania man found near other human remains, suspect confesses
- Garbine Muguruza vs Magdalena Rybarikova: Wimbledon 2017 semi-final preview and prediction
- Wimbledon: Sania Mirza crashes out, Bopanna advances to mixed doubles quarters
- India snubs China 'offer' on Kashmir
- Ex-Soviet Military Officer Joined Trump Jr.'s Meeting With Russian Lawyer