The film will begin production this fall and will likely shoot in the U.S., the U.K., Ireland, Spain, and Switzerland. What's more, Reed Morano, who directed the opening three episodes of The Handmaid's Tale and is an executive producer on the show, will be directing this as well.
Deadline reports a female-led espionage thriller is about to come our way from producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli at EON Productions who have gifted the world the last eight James Bond films.
The movie is based on a the first of a series of four British spy novels by Mark Burnell.More news: A year after vote, United Kingdom unveils bill to make Brexit a reality
Yeah, I'm having kind of a hard time imagining Blake Lively going this dark with a role, but it'll definitely be interesting to see how she handles it!
EON Productions, Morano and Lively are all repped by WME. Lively was also featured in Warner Brothers' The Town, Rebecca Miller's The Private Lives of Pippa Lee and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants films.More news: Cesar Azpilicueta eyed after Arsenal refuse Hector Bellerin sale
"The Rhythm Section" will commence production later this year, with plans to shoot in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland and the US.
Head of IM Global, Stuart Ford - who will be financing the film - said the film would be "fresh, realistic and bold", with "a unique female heroine who turns so numerous current cinematic clichés surrounding so-called "kick-ass" female leads on their head".
'To be bringing such a fresh, realistic, and bold worldwide thriller to the big screen with EON Productions, Reed, and Blake is an exciting proposition for us all at IM Global, ' he added, reports Variety.More news: Harvard proposes banning all frats, sororities and final clubs
Production on the film will begin later this year, with financing from worldwide production company IM Global.
- Nelson Cruz had Yadier Molina take a picture of him with Joe West before batting in the All-Star Game
- Rep. Steve Scalise undergoes surgery for 'deep tissue infection' from bullet wounds
- Manchester City to sign Kyle Walker from Tottenham for £50 million
- Lifetime National Park Service passes for seniors to increase in price
- Watford target set to discover his Chelsea future
- Hyundai i30 N Revealed with 275 HP, E-LSD and Drive Modes
- Israeli troops killed two stone pelters in West Bank: Palestinian Officials
- House to consider banning transgender surgery for troops
- Atletico Madrid confirm Vitolo signing
- Jaguar's new E-Pace SUV is coming July 13, 2017