"They're in the middle of a campaign for the presidency of the United States".
In response, Time went all in. "Sad!" Trump wrote, referring to his son's interview with Fox News's Sean Hannity Tuesday evening.
And when Sekulow applauded Trump Jr. for releasing the emails regarding the incident on Twitter, Matt Lauer immediately took issue with that characterization.More news: Apple to pack iPhone 8 with a rear-facing 3D laser
But a deputy managing editor for The New York Times said the emails were only made public by Trump Jr. after he was informed the paper was publishing a story about them. He described the meeting as "opposition research" and denied that Trump Jr. ever lied about the meeting.
Trump Jr. first acknowledged only that he had met with the Russian lawyer and discussed the Magnitsky Act, a USA law blacklisting Russians accused of human-rights abuses that Moscow retaliated to by barring Americans from adopting Russian children.
Guthrie pointed out that Trump Jr.'s statements about the meeting with Veselnitskaya evolved significantly since Saturday, when The New York Times first reported on the meeting. He did not mention that the meeting was arranged on the expectation he would receive damaging information about Clinton.
The president has since offered his son some support, saying in a statement delivered by Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the deputy White House press secretary, Tuesday: "My son is a high-quality person, and I applaud his transparency".More news: Donald Trump Is Right: Hillary Was Held To A Different Standard
Clinton's running mate during the 2016 election, Sen.
Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.) floated the idea that the Russian Federation investigation was potentially moving into a "treason" investigation on Tuesday morning, the Washington Free Beacon reported.
"We're now beyond obstruction of justice, in terms of what's being investigated". "This is moving into perjury, false statements, and even into potentially treason".More news: Chelsea look set to beat Juventus to Brazilian defender
- New Photos From Disney's 'A Wrinkle In Time' Land Online
- Floyd Mayweather responds to Conor McGregor's "dance for me, boy" comment
- Jimmy Carter admitted to Canadian hospital after suffering from dehydration
- Barcelona star Messi excited by Valverde reviews
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest
- Founding member of 2 Live Crew dead at 53
- Mob attacks Noida housing society after maid 'beaten up' for theft
- The White House's exceedingly dishonest attack on the Congressional Budget Office
- Xbox Live members can now use custom gamerpics
- Stock on Analyst Radar: JC Penney Company Inc (JCP)